How to become a Purist

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Panno Cheeta
Noob

How to become a Purist

Post by Panno Cheeta »

I searched the forums and the wiki with no success.
I tried to join at Chuck the purist but he told me I am not pure enough.

I am a bard. No other class.
Although I am a fire genasi. Is this preventing me from entering the purist way?

Thanks in advance

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: How to become a Purist

Post by mining »

Purist classes are: Fighter, Barbarian, Paladin.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

DM_Sultan
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Sultan »

The Purist was set up to help classes that are non-self-buffing, basically. Paladin, Fighter and Barbarian specifically. If there are other classes, I'm sure other players will post here. Bard is not in the list for Purist.

Sultan
Torm the Loyal Fury

dethonlegs
Looking for group

Post by dethonlegs »

Hmm....non self buffing..... Pure rogue needs some lovin!

a +20 will token wouldnt hurt :)

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

dethonlegs wrote:Hmm....non self buffing..... Pure rogue needs some lovin!

a +20 will token wouldnt hurt :)
I dislike pure class bonuses on principle, so if rogue got bonuses I'd rather it be on the lines of assassin or similar instead of for being 40 rogue (also UMD is meant to give them options)
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

The best buff you could give to rogue would be to add them to NC.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Panno Cheeta
Noob

Post by Panno Cheeta »

thank you very much, its now clear!

++++++++++++++
Purist classes are: Fighter, Barbarian, Paladin.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

frogofpeace wrote:The best buff you could give to rogue would be to add them to NC.
A valid point. Sounds like a plan.. male it so.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Shadowalker wrote:
frogofpeace wrote:The best buff you could give to rogue would be to add them to NC.
A valid point. Sounds like a plan.. male it so.

Always this chauvinism! Why not female it so? :)

DM_Sultan wrote:The Purist was set up to help classes that are non-self-buffing, basically. Paladin, Fighter and Barbarian specifically. If there are other classes, I'm sure other players will post here. Bard is not in the list for Purist.

Sultan

Funny, but I don't see the paladin as a non-buffer. But maybe you meant something else by that :).
Although I agree, purists weren't really needed, they do add an uniqueness to NS4 which makes it more attractive.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Paladin/Fighter/Barbarian have class features that make sense to scale//feats lulz. Thats how I always saw it, heh.

DM_Sultan
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Sultan »

Oh okay, let's just pull Paladin out of Purist then. Fine for me! Mining...do your magic. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Any other complaints or rhetoric corrections?

Sultan
Torm the Loyal Fury

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

I'd just like to see all of those classes with improvements that anyone can take advantage of. Obviously, if you give those classes great abilities at level 40, there is still incentive to go pure.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Fighters and palis are great dip classes already. Barbs might could use some love in that respect, I made one mixed class barbarian once, never thought of it again, but that's me - maybe everyone else multiclasses barb. Something on the order of the benes given to encourage rangers, yes. Of course, NC would have to be given rogues to maintain balance, as they don't get barb as a class.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

I don't think bonuses for fighters and paladins should start until epic levels anyways, which is where those classes fall flat when multiclassing. In my vision of things, people just dipping into the classes wouldn't be able to take advantage of any class improvements.

I agree that non-pure barbs need love though, even up in pre-epic levels. A barbarian's rage is its signature ability, but on a level 40 build it is just a -2 ac button. There is just very little reason to take any barbarian levels in a multiclassed build at the moment.

I haven't really thought about it too much, but what if we just keep the same pure class bonuses so people with pure builds don't get upset, make them available to multiclassed builds, then rearrange when you get the bonuses to prevent any hideously overpowered builds? The most powerful abilities would come at 36-40 levels to keep the true pure builds unique and useful. Alternatively, some of the bonuses could remain pure class bonuses while the others are made available to multiclassers.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Post by Daral0085 »

I haven't really thought about it too much, but what if we just keep the same pure class bonuses so people with pure builds don't get upset, make them available to multiclassed builds, then rearrange when you get the bonuses to prevent any hideously overpowered builds? The most powerful abilities would come at 36-40 levels to keep the true pure builds unique and useful. Alternatively, some of the bonuses could remain pure class bonuses while the others are made available to multiclassers.
I agree with this approach. It matches really closely with what already happens in NS4*. Bards scale with levels, monk scales with levels, CoT scales with levels, most casters scale with levels (for more spell pen, dispel resistance, duration, epic spells, etc), PM AC and summon scales with levels, BG summon scales with levels, and so forth. Almost none of these things require you to go fully pure to get *any bonus whatsoever*, and they allow multiple thresholds of bonuses for differing level commitments. So IMO it's more consistent to have bonuses that scale with levels, rather than a forced restriction to purity. Of course, there is the complexity of proper balancing, so maybe it can't happen for that reason, but I think it would be better that way.

* Another exception is druid or shifter dragons, which require purity or for shifter, no triple classing. I think there are other ways of preventing shifter dragon OPness, so I think this can be improved too, but subject to the same dev resource constraints as the above.
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”