To Lokey: Can't move with main character

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Murdok
Noob

To Lokey: Can't move with main character

Post by Murdok »

Hi! I really appreciate any help with this bug! Over the last server reboots I still can't move - I can teleport to people, and can enter doors without moving towards them, but I can't move and my character bio doesn't load (It says I'm a level 1 fighter) This is with Myanmar my main character, my other characters work. Although I can't make a character with Northern Coalition because the game quits after the first cut screen with NC. I'd like to play a character (Aran) with NC too, but I'd be happy if I could just play Myanmar. Thanks again and let me know if you need any more info.

This is on an Acer Aspire 9410Z with windows Vista. My rig is pretty bare minimum so I don't mind running into bugs that are my fault (so long as I can play some) but I've played Myanmar for weeks with minor troubles until now.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: To Lokey: Can't move with main character

Post by mining »

Murdok wrote:Hi! I really appreciate any help with this bug! Over the last server reboots I still can't move - I can teleport to people, and can enter doors without moving towards them, but I can't move and my character bio doesn't load (It says I'm a level 1 fighter) This is with Myanmar my main character, my other characters work. Although I can't make a character with Northern Coalition because the game quits after the first cut screen with NC. I'd like to play a character (Aran) with NC too, but I'd be happy if I could just play Myanmar. Thanks again and let me know if you need any more info.

This is on an Acer Aspire 9410Z with windows Vista. My rig is pretty bare minimum so I don't mind running into bugs that are my fault (so long as I can play some) but I've played Myanmar for weeks with minor troubles until now.

Details needed:

Login
Character Name
Edition of game (i.e. is it from that online retailer whose name I forget right now)
Are you running it in admin mode?
Any overrides? (if you don't know what this is, you don't need to worry)
Any packs, i.e. CEP/PRC?
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Murdok
Noob

Post by Murdok »

My Login or "Player Name" is Andrew Nightingale
The Character Name is Myanmar
I recently bought "Neverwinter Complete" from Amazon (a physical box set) which came with the two expansions and the latest patches (game version is: 1.69.8109 English).
Not in admin, no overrides or packs(?).

Thanks!

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Try running the game as an Administrator (right click, properties, compatability, 'Privilege level, [] Run this program as an administrator) and in XP compatibility mode. (right click, properties, compatability, 'Run this program in compatability mode for [Windows XP (Service Pack 3)])
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Also, if you have shiny wather enabeled, try tuning that, and vsync off under advanced video options. Might get you throu the cutcene, or you can just press esc.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Murdok
Noob

Post by Murdok »

Thanks for the suggestions; I've tried them all, and brought my video settings down to minimum, but no dice. I noticed that when I try to move Myanmar a little light graphic shows up on the top left, and if I click on it I get teleported to where I was going...

As far as my attempts to join NC (my newest is called Lando), I get through the cut scene and can see the starting room after the cut scene, but the game quits out.

Thanks again for the help.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Murdok wrote:Thanks for the suggestions; I've tried them all, and brought my video settings down to minimum, but no dice. I noticed that when I try to move Myanmar a little light graphic shows up on the top left, and if I click on it I get teleported to where I was going...

As far as my attempts to join NC (my newest is called Lando), I get through the cut scene and can see the starting room after the cut scene, but the game quits out.

Thanks again for the help.
What's your internet connection like, out of interest?

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Critical rebuild patch is at http://files.bioware.com/neverwinternig ... Update.exe (English, win, HoU)

Don't know if that's a new compilation, but don't think any others of the recent versions have actually worked anyway :) If you're willing to investigate version numbers and asset hashes, I can post those.

It's possible the game works ok, but can't display animations/etc properly. You can just copy the whole installation somewhere to test, there shouldn't be drm crap now.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Murdok
Noob

Post by Murdok »

:D :D :D The after running the rebuild patch, Myanmar and NC are accessible. Thank you so much!

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”