Deep Gnome ability

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Dazrield
Pk Bait

Deep Gnome ability

Post by Dazrield »

I've been looking over deep gnomes.. and I can't seem to find one of their abilities located anywhere. Here's the part I'm having problems with:

Blur 1/day as cast by a Wizard of their character level, increases to 50% Concealment at Level 10

I can't seem to find the description for the blur spell in either the NWN wiki or the NS4 wiki. Was interested to see the duration.

On a related note.. in a simulator could I mimic the +4 ac boost by just adding +4 to the armor or would it have to go on the cloak or helm slot?

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: Deep Gnome ability

Post by mining »

Bonus AC is deflection *snip*
Blur 1/day as cast by a Wizard of their character level
Blur increases to 50% Concealment at Level 10
Damned if I know what "Blur" means, but 50% conceal is guaranteed gold :)
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

Right, but what's the duration on it?

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Dazrield wrote:Right, but what's the duration on it?
Turns per level. Blur is 20% conceal.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

Thanks

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

Blur:
The subject’s outline appears blurred, shifting and wavering. This distortion grants the subject concealment (20% miss chance).

A see invisibility spell does not counteract the blur effect, but a true seeing spell does.

Opponents that cannot see the subject ignore the spell’s effect (though fighting an unseen opponent carries penalties of its own).
It's a spell that wasn't implemented in NWN, though ghostly visage has some similar effects. It's one of the racial abilities of smurfs, and the devs implemented it as closely as they could without resorting to a hak.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

One more question, the wiki claims it's -2 con, the NS4 documentation says it's -2 STR, which is it?

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Dazrield wrote:One more question, the wiki claims it's -2 con, the NS4 documentation says it's -2 STR, which is it?
+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength, -4 Charisma

*snip*

Choosing the Gnome race will include Gnome adjustments already, therefore your stats will be adjusted from those selected at character creation as follows:

+2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”