Offline Building 4 Ns4

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Alkapwn
PKer

Offline Building 4 Ns4

Post by Alkapwn »

In response to Daz's comment about offline building

This is what i use and just adjust stats and actually save gear online to my vault and import it into the save chest offline by logging in that toon.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=mo ... il&id=4215
You can build all your own base gear , and just use
~Debugmode to alter your stats for race mods,books etc....
alternately roll the toon online (if subraced) on ns4. save toon --> load toon to offline mod and
It won't make spell changes for you obviously but you got to leave a little for ingame sastisfaction
Make special items for subrace bonuses . e.g. Githz Boots +9dodge +7dex

Most other stuff like shaping,bigs calcs,dc's can be done on paper.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Re: Offline Building 4 Ns4

Post by Dazrield »

That's actually the exact one I use. I've scrapped numerous chars though or had to rework them as I find out things not exactly advertised or clear with the subraces/class changes.. or I simply forget or miss something. Testing out a build that uses epic warding for example is way off, or a ranger build that you want self concealment with just to name a couple of examples.

I'm curious also about how the druid elemental shapes work.. as I find I end up fighting them a bit too. But as wiki is very lacking on info for them.. I really don't want to have to build one and level it to 40 just to see what I'm fighting.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Dazrield wrote:That's actually the exact one I use. I've scrapped numerous chars though or had to rework them as I find out things not exactly advertised or clear with the subraces/class changes.. or I simply forget or miss something. Testing out a build that uses epic warding for example is way off, or a ranger build that you want self concealment with just to name a couple of examples.

I'm curious also about how the druid elemental shapes work.. as I find I end up fighting them a bit too. But as wiki is very lacking on info for them.. I really don't want to have to build one and level it to 40 just to see what I'm fighting.
I don't understand this one - the wiki's info is exactly what they get.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Ewarding you can add as gear mod +8/15 (do not cast in offline mod for battle testing in arena)
Ranger with self concelment should level up as per normal (no ns4 changes to that)

Shapers took me awhile to get the hang of. Just imagine all the +'s of the gear get added to the base stats of the shape
http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.ph ... noid_Shape
All the listed stats are replaced changing ab/ac/saves appropriately. Best done with robes/smallshield then just -1 ac from end stats as plates and such do not add extra (i've always assumed) . A little math and bang boom thats what it'll look like in NS4.

I agree with the your comment about the big learning curve but I think one of the best things about NS4 is that very fact and that the community/Guilds/Factions dictate how the new players will adapt to the changes of the stock game. e.g helping shouting newbs, mentoring etc..

A little mystery and sought after lore goes a long way for a players enjoyment. I think sandboxing ultimately will remove the very thing which has kept me playing here for *cough* years

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

mining wrote: I don't understand this one - the wiki's info is exactly what they get.
Then it's very misleading. Here's a quote from the wiki just above the stats:

The following table denotes your new Strength, Dexterity and Constitution, Temporary Hitpoints, and an additional dodge AC bonus.

Why would it say a table denoting temp hps and additional dodge AC bonuses when NONE of those shapes have additional dodge AC or temp HP's listed? Now if we had a builder, I would simply know if they did or didn't and you wouldn't be confused about what I'm talking about and I wouldn't be confused about what the stats are. See all the confusion it would save? :)
Alkapwn wrote: Ranger with self concelment should level up as per normal (no ns4 changes to that)
Except that a non-NS4 ranger can't actually get self concealment due to a lack of improved evasion.
Alkapwn wrote:A little mystery and sought after lore goes a long way for a players enjoyment. I think sandboxing ultimately will remove the very thing which has kept me playing here for *cough* years
If it was an offline module offered to those that want to use it.. you could always forgo the use of it if it'd wreck your playing experience. After all, everyone has their own way of learning and doing things. Mine just happens to be very hands on, a piece of paper generally doesn't do it for me, I like to test mine out in combat and get a feel for it.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Compare:

http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.ph ... noid_Shape

http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.ph ... ntal_Shape

They're both templated.

Secondly: PSA - Ranger feats aren't actually theirs, they get applied! A 9 ranger / 5 SD hybrid does NOT qualify for edodge.

Also, Re: Alka:
Bonuses from armor, shield, helmet, boots, cloak, and jewelry merge into all shapes. Base (non-magical) AC from shields merge but not from armor. Bracer/gauntlet/glove properties merge except for attack bonuses and bonus damage. Weapon properties merge on armed shapes. Off-hand weapon and ranged weapon properties never merge. Unlike in the original campaign, all AC bonuses merge, not just the highest.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

Ah, I had just looked at the druid page as the one I was fighting was from RK.. never bothered with the shifter one. So that imp evasion on rangers won't qualify them for other feats. I figured since the racial stuff here was perm and qualified for stuff that the imp. evasion on a ranger would too. Oh well.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Dazrield wrote:Ah, I had just looked at the druid page as the one I was fighting was from RK.. never bothered with the shifter one. So that imp evasion on rangers won't qualify them for other feats. I figured since the racial stuff here was perm and qualified for stuff that the imp. evasion on a ranger would too. Oh well.
Yah, quite a lot of us have been caught in that one - several shifter builds that don't get ranger HiPS, several shifters without evasion, so forth.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

yeah mining i'm admitidly weak on shifter lore. only have built maybe 5 ingame in my entire history and everyone of them was nerfed so i threw them to the ground like a broken toy and stomped up and down on them. :D Kinda feel like its time to build another one :D

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

The basic concept of shifters is pretty simple, they just have these little quirks that confuse people. Most of them are relatively small things. The big ones are job bonuses and some racial bonuses not transferring, and universal save bonuses from gear overriding specific save bonuses instead of stacking. I can add a detailed shifter guide to the wiki outlining all of these irregularities so people don't have to ask me all the time.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

sounds more like trouble with nwn mechanics more than ns4 char creation on most of your questions though.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

Amoenotep wrote:sounds more like trouble with nwn mechanics more than ns4 char creation on most of your questions though.
Rangers with imp evasion, epic warding improving by level, druids with greater elemental shape, and different subrace values are all very specific to here. Unless I missed some big secret area in the HOTU.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”