Possible bug Ice Crypts

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Eldaquen
Newbie Helper

Possible bug Ice Crypts

Post by Eldaquen »

While adventuring in the lower level of Ice Crypts I stumble across a possible bug. The Frozen Guardians physical attacks seem to bypass a person's armor and shield protections. My toon, Felicity, was wearing a Dwarven Crafted Leather armor with 25% slash immunity and 15 pierce resistance, and had a gold mithril small shield equiped that gave 25% bludgeoning immunity and 15 bludgeonling resistance. When the Frozen Guardians melee attack would hit, Felicity would receive full damage with nothing reduced due to the armor and shield protections worn (50 damage (40 physical and 10 cold) no reductions, for example).
Murphy's Law:
Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Everything takes longer than you expect.
And if anything can go wrong,
It will, at the worst possible moment.

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Re: Possible bug Ice Crypts

Post by Daral0085 »

It's possible they have triple damage type. In which case, in the scenario you list below, they would penetrate all DR/DI. To test this, you would need a toon with universal DI (such as a dragon or DwD), or use a split resist armor and shield covering the third type.
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

Eldaquen wrote:While adventuring in the lower level of Ice Crypts I stumble across a possible bug. The Frozen Guardians physical attacks seem to bypass a person's armor and shield protections. My toon, Felicity, was wearing a Dwarven Crafted Leather armor with 25% slash immunity and 15 pierce resistance, and had a gold mithril small shield equiped that gave 25% bludgeoning immunity and 15 bludgeonling resistance. When the Frozen Guardians melee attack would hit, Felicity would receive full damage with nothing reduced due to the armor and shield protections worn (50 damage (40 physical and 10 cold) no reductions, for example).

looks like she covered all 3 types to me...but then again i'm going blind so..
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

she did cover all three Tep

This isnt the first time the Ice Crypts has come up, I recall a pure barbarain discoverig the same thing, no matter what combo used, there was no reduction of the dmg recieved.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

the guardians are a special kind of mess of their own. even at their cr lvl you can't control them because "they are too powerful" being 40+ lvls or something.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

I think I fixed the level 40 thing for the guardians... they should be more controllable.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Post by Daral0085 »

It doesnt matter that she covered all three. Damage penetration takes the lowest of your DR and DI separately. Since she has no slashing DR, triple damage would completely break through DR. Since she has no piercing DI, it will completely break through her DI. With the equipment she has listed, a triple damage toon would experience no damage reduction whatsoever.

barb DR is a separate topic. In that case, it was most likely the bugginess of barb DR. :P Or possibly the crypt dudes really are bugged.
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

rocketkai
Pk Bait

Post by rocketkai »

Eldaquen wrote:While adventuring in the lower level of Ice Crypts I stumble across a possible bug. The Frozen Guardians physical attacks seem to bypass a person's armor and shield protections. My toon, Felicity, was wearing a Dwarven Crafted Leather armor with 25% slash immunity and 15 pierce resistance, and had a gold mithril small shield equiped that gave 25% bludgeoning immunity and 15 bludgeonling resistance. When the Frozen Guardians melee attack would hit, Felicity would receive full damage with nothing reduced due to the armor and shield protections worn (50 damage (40 physical and 10 cold) no reductions, for example).
Have ya tried to wear armor/shield with both slash and pierce immunity and resistance? ircc guardians deal dual type of slash/pierce damage just like dragon. So I would assume they have creature weapon rather than fists.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

I've had them be resisted slightly by Gold, so presumably not totally bugged, but no base armor/shield could get DR/DI.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Mixtli
Pk Bait

Post by Mixtli »

Guardians and Barons in water plane both bypass all DR on my barbarian. No other monster does, so i'd say they are bugged.
Mixtli

Eldaquen
Newbie Helper

Post by Eldaquen »

Before attempting with Dwarven Leathers and the golden mithral small shield (Bldg), the same toon used Glacerial plate (25%/15 bldg) and Golden Mithril small shield (piercing). Had same result, Gaurdians physical damage passed straight through, which is why switched to dwarven leathers and the bldg small shield for the 3 damage type protections. I will attempt with different armor that has 2 damage type reductions, once obtain one for that build. Thank you for feed back.
Murphy's Law:
Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Everything takes longer than you expect.
And if anything can go wrong,
It will, at the worst possible moment.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Icy Crypt is high on my list of this sucks, fix it. One of these days I'll work on it.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Please don't take away the drops, though - it's the First Bank of Aetheria :)
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

frogofpeace wrote:Please don't take away the drops, though - it's the First Bank of Aetheria :)
Especially for clerics.

AO needs jobs.
frogofpeace wrote:And we like to think of the FoN guildhall as cozy - perfect for cuddling up in our snuggies with a hot toddy after a long day of smiting.

Joker_954
Pk Bait

Post by Joker_954 »

Blystos Re wrote:
AO needs jobs.
What he said....

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”