Changing character alignment

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
uFiS
Noob

Changing character alignment

Post by uFiS »

After reading http://www.nsrealm.com/public/ns/viewto ... =23&t=1257 I created my Drow character as CN. But now it seems that you have to be evil to join the Shadow Legion.

Is there a way to change the character's alignment? Or delete the character so that I can recreate a new character with the same name?
Never fear moving forward slowly, fear only standing still.

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Re: Changing character alignment

Post by diddy33 »

The only way to change alignment here is when going PM you'll go evil if you are not already.

Other than that, you'll have to re-roll if you picked the wrong alignment.

There was a change that happened a few months back i believe, and that section wasn't updated.. for more up-to-date info you could try the change log here on the forums, or http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.php/Shadow_Legion

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

You can delete the character by talking with the Devil Angel in your local town. Wait until after a reset occurs before re-creating with the same name or you will definately end up with wierdness. You might consider adding an extra 'space' in the name to make it a different name.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

sorry about not changing that in the documentation. we try to keep up sometimes, we don't always succeed though.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

uFiS
Noob

Post by uFiS »

Bargeld wrote:You can delete the character by talking with the Devil Angel in your local town.
I forgot about the Devil Angel. Its been years since I played here. I finally took the time to get the linux client up and running.
Wait until after a reset occurs before re-creating with the same name or you will definately end up with wierdness.
I already had some weirdness!

I left my old character in the starting area where you pick a faction. Then I recreated my character with the exact same name - but NE alignment. When I started the game it took me directly to the starting area - did not give me the option to pick subrace. I realised this when I was in the SL barracks already. I exited the game to do it all over again. Then when I came to where I pick my character to play I only had one version on the character (which I have created 2 of) and this was now a Drow and CE aligned. Picking it to play I found myself in the SL barracks.

So now I have a CE Drow. Not exactly the alignment I wanted, but still a part of the SL.

I do not know if creating the same character with the same name twice is supposed to overwrite the old one, or if this only happens while your toon is in the starting area, but that was odd for me.

Mining monk8
Noob

Post by Mining monk8 »

uFiS wrote:
Bargeld wrote:You can delete the character by talking with the Devil Angel in your local town.
I forgot about the Devil Angel. Its been years since I played here. I finally took the time to get the linux client up and running.
Wait until after a reset occurs before re-creating with the same name or you will definately end up with wierdness.
I already had some weirdness!

I left my old character in the starting area where you pick a faction. Then I recreated my character with the exact same name - but NE alignment. When I started the game it took me directly to the starting area - did not give me the option to pick subrace. I realised this when I was in the SL barracks already. I exited the game to do it all over again. Then when I came to where I pick my character to play I only had one version on the character (which I have created 2 of) and this was now a Drow and CE aligned. Picking it to play I found myself in the SL barracks.

So now I have a CE Drow. Not exactly the alignment I wanted, but still a part of the SL.

I do not know if creating the same character with the same name twice is supposed to overwrite the old one, or if this only happens while your toon is in the starting area, but that was odd for me.
Uh Oh. Thats not good...

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

uFiS wrote:I left my old character in the starting area where you pick a faction. Then I recreated my character with the exact same name - but NE alignment. When I started the game it took me directly to the starting area - did not give me the option to pick subrace. I realised this when I was in the SL barracks already. I exited the game to do it all over again. Then when I came to where I pick my character to play I only had one version on the character (which I have created 2 of) and this was now a Drow and CE aligned. Picking it to play I found myself in the SL barracks.
Oh you might as well stop trying to level that toon, that's an unfixable glitch, believe me I know. I miscounted the ... series on one of my reavers and to this day have a level 23ish toon I cannot log in or get to and it drives me nuts because I think he had a book in his inventory.

In the future if you want to re use a name you need to either alter it slightly or take the old one to a devil andgel and not make a new one until the reset. You might as well take both the ones you have to the devil angel.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Yeah, better to delete em now and start over - it may work right for awhile, but strange things could continue.

Am I misremembering, or is there a Devil Angel in the initial login area?
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

there is one in the starting area. i've become good friends with her.

good advice. delete them all. wait and try once more. big risks if you don't.

- glow -

uFiS
Noob

Post by uFiS »

I deleted the one I was playing with.

Had to wait for a reset to gain access to the other to delete it too.

Now both is gone, just waiting for the next reset to start it again.

Thanks for the advice.

Mining monk8
Noob

Post by Mining monk8 »

Chernobyl_Glow wrote:there is one in the starting area. i've become good friends with her.

good advice. delete them all. wait and try once more. big risks if you don't.

- glow -
Special dialogue?

'Hi sweetie, you want the usual Glow?"

"Yeah, just a standard straight to the cosmic drain, do not pass go, do not collect $200"

"Ok, off you go!"

:p

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

yup that's about it. she's like, "ugh. you again?!?" i had to delete one recently twice in the rift before i got it "right". then i got it to level 9 just to realize that i had screwed up again and couldn't take my third class.

i always said, "Hey!. I may be dumb,... but I'm slow."

- glow -

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

I had to take 3 of the exact same toons in a row to the devil angel just the other day because I kept forgetting to select my subrace. I've never felt dumber. :oops:
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Same name -> glitched isn't unfixable, but it would involve going through a lot of stuff. Maybe someday.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

Lokey wrote:Same name -> glitched isn't unfixable, but it would involve going through a lot of stuff. Maybe someday.
heh well if you ever get around to it let me know, mine's been glitched for about a year.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”