Ability Scores missing

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Re: Ability Scores missing

Post by Daral0085 »

There are a couple of things like this. It also may be that you have to already have CON of 21 and can't take the EDR in the same leveling turn because you had to already be CON 21 BEFORE the level where you take EDR
Stat boosts (from levelup) are applied before feat selection, and they DO count towards feats of the same level. Best example I can give is shifter builds that get 30 wis exactly at level 40 and take dragon shape at the same time, which many TC builds rely upon.

The order in which things are applied to a character during levelup: class level, stat pick (not from sources like great dex), skills (includes int levelup), feats. Both stats and skill points are counted towards the pre-reqs for the feats even at the same level. Contrariwise, things you pick at a later stage do NOT count towards the earlier stage. That means if you need 10 tumble to take an SD level, you must have 10 tumble BEFORE you pick your class level (which happens first). So it's impossible to take SD and then get 10 tumble later when selecting skills. Similarly, if you take great int as a general/class feat, it will NOT apply to skill points at the same level, only later.
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

you still need 22 con
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

DM_Sultan
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Sultan »

Daral, I was offering a POSSIBLE explaination of his problem, but since you know so much, you take care of it. Why don't you volunteer to help people instead of being a righteous critic of people who are actually trying to offer some help. Maybe you'd like to become a DM and deal with all the bugs in the NWN engine that screw up what should be a straight forward process. I'm starting to lean towards a total wipe, myself.

You still need 22 CON.

Sultan
Torm the Loyal Fury

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

EDR is con req 21. I am thinking subrace stat miscalculation at char creation. If you set skills correctly on the in-game creation to the values you want, that is with base dorf stat adjustments. When you first enter the game and choose a subrace, it will then change the stats on you. The wiki explains this in minor detail.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

EDR takes 21 con. I'm 100% sure on this.

And don't be so defensive. Daral's post contained some good information.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

yeah..i'm dead serious when i say there is an epic feat that says "req: 21 con" and you actually require 22
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Simple solution: Check that you've used a book, Lokey's shown that you've taken 2 cha and 3 con so far. If you haven't used a +2 con - i.e. you thought you did but didn't - then its an easy fix. If otherwise... Problem solving.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”