Crafting missing

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
mgrjebbo
PKer

Re: Crafting missing

Post by mgrjebbo »

You can make a pretty decent black staff build. 70 ab 60+ ac.
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

mgrjebbo wrote:You can make a pretty decent black staff build. 70 ab 60+ ac.
Can beat that? Going by ~ cleric level AB/AC (30ish caster, some BG/cler, ~5 monk) you should be able to pull low 60s AB high 70s AC.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

yeah, but look at hp. Most blackstaff monk builds get like 400 hp (i'm exaggerating, but close to that), little damage reduction, and not enough feats to shore up all the holes like saves or to get auto-quicken.

You need more than 70 ac to not get obliterated in melee without more hp or dr.

I'm skeptical on getting 70 ab unless you are considering a bard buffing you, and a tensors build would cap ab long before reaching 70 ab
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Rufio wrote:yeah, but look at hp. Most blackstaff monk builds get like 400 hp (i'm exaggerating, but close to that), little damage reduction, and not enough feats to shore up all the holes like saves or to get auto-quicken.

You need more than 70 ac to not get obliterated in melee without more hp or dr.

I'm skeptical on getting 70 ab unless you are considering a bard buffing you, and a tensors build would cap ab long before reaching 70 ab
True. 70 AB possible, thats, what, 23 str mod, 4 feats, 20 cap, 20 BAB => 67 AB. So looks just out of reach for most builds. Possibly RDD cheese or WM cheese. 23 wiz / 1 fighter / 16 WM? That'd put you on 70. Maybe some RDDs too. Sorc 25 monk 5 RDD 10?
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

I rolled a Blackstaffer in RK 12pally/5monk/23sorc

62abself(64cap) 73ac(73cap)
51fort,41ref,50will then +9vsSpells (sc)
670hps w/tensers

though the dmg list is the nice part all self buffed

1d6+19blud
2d12blud
1d12pierc
1d12fire
1d6magic
+8bludge
+5bludge
+3bludge
+11divine
+2d12 random elemental (hopefully not fire)

54-130 dmg/hit
bard song+ava another 2ab and +13dmg.

Not the greatest build as far as playablilty and pvp but pretty much the most bang for your buck as far as a decent blackstaffer goes. oh yeah and its a 6 +2book build too :P And who says RK doesnt have any good charisma builds :P
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Pretty nice, imo.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Really the problem is that you can make that build with a heavy flail and do more damage with 1 less ab, or use a greatsword or trident and still have a +8 weapon with a better crit range and then you have 3 free feats for any spell focus you want, or any number of other feat options.

Blackstaff isn't THAT good because you lose out on flame weapon. The 2d10 bonus damage from a focused blackstaff is an average of 11 damage, and flame weapon is an average of 5 damage, so you are spending 3 feats and sacrificing critical hit range to get 6 more points of damage out of your weapon buff. Transmutation focuses give a nice boost to time stop and protection from spells, and a small boost to mestil's acid sheath, which is a nice incentive to take transmutation focuses, but it doesn't really improve your melee presence.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Gr Focus + extra damage type Pierce
E Focus + extra damage type Slash
That would beef it up considerably. *eeep*

Isn't Mestil's Conjuration ?

I've got a few idea's to improve Transmutation focused casters.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

yeah, you are right. mestil's is conjuration. I think I am starting to get my builds mixed up. The spell focus boost to mestil's is hardly worth anything though.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”