Stripped

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Daedalus
Looking for group

Stripped

Post by Daedalus »

Yeah I have had some unfortunate experienes where I have walked in a shop and bought new gear. Only to find that once i step outside it all dissappears and not reimbursed for the cash value leaving me stuck on early levels with no cash.

Can this bug be fixed?
Do not see madness as a curse,
More of a bitter mercy.

But a mercy none-the-less.
- Sheogorath, Morrowind

Dynmi
Newbie Helper

Post by Dynmi »

I'm pretty sure its a result of heavy lag, I cpuld be wrong, but from what I've seen its not really common.
The Silver Striders

LunarSquirrel
Wheres the donation box?

Post by LunarSquirrel »

I've had this problem almost every time I buy from either the Ave smithy or NS Smithy. Have never had the problem in any other shop.

You buy your items, pay for em in gold, soon as you leave the shop your gold and all items you bought in the stores are gone.

This is the only way I've found to combat this problem so far:

1.) Buy your items and pay for them. Do not leave the store.

2.) Save your character with your book by activating it on yourself.

3.) Log out and back in. Leave the store and your items will stay in your pack.

This does need to be addressed though. Definitely a constant that we can do without.
-Jesse

Laura/Akuma of TSS

"Brute force solves everything. If you ever find that it doesn't; you're not using enough."

Core
Looking for group

Post by Core »

Happened to me many times, actually happend 2 times in a row one day. It's pretty annoying and I hope they find what causes it.

Here is what i do when I shop now. Get items goto pay. Pay. Ask to pay again. if they say I need to pay again... i do... If there are no items in my inventory i need to pay for it's all set.

DM Vapor
Wheres the donation box?

Post by DM Vapor »

A good way to check and see if the items will disappear is to simply tell the shopkeeper you want to buy your items again. If it takes your money, you were gonna lose 'em. If he says there's nothing from his store in your pack, you keep 'em.
Last edited by DM Vapor on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zing wrote:Next person who says ... gets a wedgie of underpant elastic breaking proportions.

Umberlee

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

think back : did you put the gear on before you left the shop ? (but after you purchased it) ? OR - did you purchase new gear while wearing it?

1. Dont equip Newly bought items until after you have left the store.

2. Yes try it on to see if it is "fits" but take it off before going up to the counter to purchase it..

RL common sense here --- If you go to a clothing retailer and try on clothes to be sure they fit; NORMALY you would not walk up to the register and say "sacn me"....you would take these new items off and put your old ones back on (or walk around naked up to the cashier) ; pay for the items ; leave the store ; and THEN put them on.....

this has NEVER failed me.... :wink:
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”