Need advice on Wiz / Palemaster Building

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
n3xu5
Noob

Need advice on Wiz / Palemaster Building

Post by n3xu5 »

Looking to go 10 wiz 30 pm with the right feats like epic spell penetration, auto quicken 3, etc.

Drow subrace is what i'm using currently, ya ECL3 sucks. . . . but i think the bonuses are worth it. Around lvl 40 i'll end up with like 42-44 Intelligence, and i'm wondering if i'm going to have any problems with only 10 levels of wizard.... this is a casting build, not a melee build. I keep hearing about this lvl 30 palemaster summon and cannot find anything on the boards about it. So is this build viable for pvp? what can i do to it that will really make it scream insanity?

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

well....to scream insanity....don't go caster with only 10 wiz lvls. pm lvls only count as 1/2 caster lvls, so at lvl 40 you'll be a caster lvl of 25.....which means you can be dispelled easily by any caster of your lvl. after that your summon better last or your dog meat.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

Doing it as a drow pretty much scream insanity, that or masochism take your pick.

Its been awhile since I looked, but the NS4 wiki had some stuff on the PM/BG/(neat new summons stuff) stats awhile ago. Try looking there.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

Ragnareith
Pk Bait

Post by Ragnareith »

10 wiz for a caster? Unadvisable - but it does scream insanity! It's going to be difficult getting spell durations up to scratch, especially early on. A more viable alternative, in my opinion, is 30 wiz and 10 PM, for the crit and sneak immunity. Trust me, it's all very well and good to say that you're going to put in the time and effort to get to level 40, but very few do... considered that you're going with an ECL 3 race that also gets blinded by prettymuch any kind of fire or divine spell with no save.
"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones" - Mark Antony from Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar"

n3xu5
Noob

Post by n3xu5 »

TGPO wrote:Doing it as a drow pretty much scream insanity, that or masochism take your pick.

Its been awhile since I looked, but the NS4 wiki had some stuff on the PM/BG/(neat new summons stuff) stats awhile ago. Try looking there.

didnt find much on the summons... only that at lvl 30 there's a lvl 30 summon better than the master lich i guess, no information on it, no name, nada ... maybe someone can tell me about this? and do i HAVE to go greater spell focus: necromancy for it?

Draco Nightspawn
Pk Bait

Post by Draco Nightspawn »

He is after the walking pile o bones with around 1000 hps. Only 2 ppl I know have made it, DD1 and RyddWillow. Both went with 30 lvls of PM.

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Tekka did it.

Death's Accomplice.

Draco Nightspawn
Pk Bait

Post by Draco Nightspawn »

Forgot Tekk, my bad. Most popular combo I think is fighter wiz pm ( 6 / 4 / 30 ) , not positive tho.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

all of the lvl 30 PM's here are melee oriented builds. casting just isn't a strong option i don't think, which is what you realize early on.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Yep. My level 10 is a buffed melee fighter with a good summon to help. Low # of attacks/rd though :(

The main virtue of this build is (1) the summon and (2) the relative survivability. The disadvantage is that without a party it takes a while to kill stuff.

algol333
Pk Bait

Post by algol333 »

Tensers Transformation anyone?..... really helps out the AB of the PM build... i had all my lvl 6 slots full + extended TT...
-Slave- Tekkanomica, Subatomik, MegaGnostic, Agorutoxos, Azlyn

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Ahh, that's right, it's probably been fixed here so that it's not a polymorph self spell (ie lose all spell slots from gear) any more?

Amulet of Divine Power helps too from what I hear.

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

about 6 months ago I asked a PM and he said the AB bonus from tensers (+1 per 2 caster levels) didn't count PM levels. has it changed?

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”