garagoth job problem

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
am_knife
Noob

garagoth job problem

Post by am_knife »

The problem is that Ackbar wont give me the reagents, been trying for at least a week to get this job finished... Bane tried to help me with it... after he gave me the reagents.. then chartan wouldn't reconize that i had them... .. so how do i get ackbar to give me the reagents and get chartan to see them... i had problems with my other MA char.. i tried after a reset and it finally worked.. but that hasn't worked with this char.

T. Rick Of The Light
Noob

Post by T. Rick Of The Light »

Use your best stat. Buff it, get it as high as you can, then talk to him.

Alain
Dungeon Master

Post by Alain »

in my experience, the stat needs to be around 25-ish for it to work.
Torm - God of Loyalty and Duty

am_knife
Noob

Post by am_knife »

k thanks everyone... i did try buffing, but i right now i only get up to 23-24...i guess i will have to wait for a while.. :

T. Rick Of The Light
Noob

Post by T. Rick Of The Light »

While on the subject of Ackbars Reagent I'd like to point out that his Reagent is no longer removed from the players backpack upon completion of the Ackbar Job.
The Mephit Capture Device is now removed upon completion of the Mephit Job now though!

My hat is off to our Dev's. It seems they work tirelessly and non-stop at a thankless and never ending task. It has to be a labor of love. Many thanks for making NS 4 the full to capacity server that it is. Success is your proof. Keep up the Great Work!

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Thanks for the nice thoughts. However, item removal is unfortunately very dependant on lag - we haven't changed any of the code regarding that for months.

Need a more full-proof way of taking that stuff from the inventory though. Would be nice to be able to chuck anything in the Magic Trash cans scattered around...
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

In my experience with the NC supply quest even when its at its laggiest as long as you sit there after the convo until you get the server message that it has been taken out of your inventory it disapears. it might be upwards of 3 or 4 mins you have to sit there but it hasnt not worked yet and i have done that darn quest about 19 times now.

Alain
Dungeon Master

Post by Alain »

this is also a problem wih binding. if you leave the area before it tells you youre bound, then you arent. found this out the hard way when i died and had to get back to ave from daeron again =\
Torm - God of Loyalty and Duty

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”