Relic system

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
lordvan52681
Wiki Editor

Relic system

Post by lordvan52681 »

OK, I think I found the first bug with the system (sorry Zing =( )

Earlier when we were raided while holding 4 relics, I managed to kill the raider who had the TC relic. After they died i tried to pick it up and return it but was unable to and neither was my fellow defender Poison.

Because of the non-stop raids i was unable to tell anyon or take a SS, sorry. but it was at the bottom of the left ram in front of NS castle.

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

I have a few pseudo-bugs...more of playability issues:

1.if a relic is dropped in the wilderness, then logs off or forgets where it is, perhaps the faction diviner should reveal the zone name where the flag is lying?

2.if your relic is captured, and you get to the enemy to retrieve it, is it always the first one to come out of the enemy sphere?

3.how come the flags look like they're sideways on my toon? instead of upright? something to do with an override I have or something?

^-(First NS4 capture ever! - my J'ain captured MA's relic)
---
^-(Antiworld CTF sshot showing upright flags)
ImageImage

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

you can only carry one relic at a time...

and it is sideways because it doesnt lkike you...;)
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

the relic lordvan is talking about was noticed by lordshelt and the big Mr. Dog...not sure what conclusions they were coming up with, but someone pk'd lordshelt while he was trying to figure it out.... :wink:

lordvan52681
Wiki Editor

Post by lordvan52681 »

there was so much PKing going on in that 1 screen for so long... who knows; lordshelt mght have PKed himself lol

Go'f

Re: Relic system

Post by Go'f »

lordvan52681 wrote:OK, I think I found the first bug with the system (sorry Zing =( )

Earlier when we were raided while holding 4 relics, I managed to kill the raider who had the TC relic. After they died i tried to pick it up and return it but was unable to and neither was my fellow defender Poison.

Because of the non-stop raids i was unable to tell anyon or take a SS, sorry. but it was at the bottom of the left ram in front of NS castle.

I've never touched one but from looking out the shout logs I have already identified 1 major flaw, leads to an unstopable exploit so I will not be publicly announcing it, if a DEV/DM wants to PM me I will let you know my concern.

Zing
Developer

Post by Zing »

lordvan52681 wrote:Earlier when we were raided while holding 4 relics, I managed to kill the raider who had the TC relic. After they died i tried to pick it up and return it but was unable to and neither was my fellow defender Poison.

I have seen this kind of bug before as it's a NWN thing unfourtunately. Basically for some reason if an item does not apear exactly on the ground level then you cannot pick it up as it's kind of floating.

Relics from killed players drop at the height of the person they were killed in a random direction - at one side of a ramp its clear to see how this could create a floating relic....D'oh!

I'll look into this - maybe I'll make it so that if you bash a dropped relic it relocates.

Celorn wrote:1.if a relic is dropped in the wilderness, then logs off or forgets where it is, perhaps the faction diviner should reveal the zone name where the flag is lying?

That is the whole point of them. That's what they do.

Celorn wrote:2.if your relic is captured, and you get to the enemy to retrieve it, is it always the first one to come out of the enemy sphere?

Yes - A factions Own relic is always the most important to them. If a Relic Cradle is holding your Relic and a bunch of others you will always get yours first.

Celorn wrote:3.how come the flags look like they're sideways on my toon? instead of upright? something to do with an override I have or something?

Definitely a local bug for you I think. All the Relic carriers I have seen have nice upright flags - as you can see from the other SS on this forum. In fact I was watching you everystep of the way if that SS below is in fact the first capture the flag looked perfectly upright on my pc

Celorn wrote:Image
^-(First NS4 capture ever! - my J'ain captured MA's relic)

Yes indeed congrats - you were the first player to capture a Relic and it was alot of fun watching you do it.

Red-Mane wrote:I've never touched one but from looking out the shout logs I have already identified 1 major flaw, leads to an unstopable exploit so I will not be publicly announcing it, if a DEV/DM wants to PM me I will let you know my concern.

Um - PM me already :)
Talos - God of Rebellion.

...zing broke you didnt he...ITS ZINGS EVIL THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS DAY....
-mgrjebbo

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Zing wrote:I'll look into this - maybe I'll make it so that if you bash a dropped relic it relocates.
Lol.. this sounds like tribes2 where you can shoot discs at the flag and it bounces around... any possibility that the flag relocates to it's point of origin if it's lost for X amount of time? what if lag causes it to fall out of player range (like the bottom of a pit)? ;]

Zing wrote:
Celorn wrote:1.if a relic is dropped in the wilderness, then logs off or forgets where it is, perhaps the faction diviner should reveal the zone name where the flag is lying?

That is the whole point of them. That's what they do.

See! I've still never set eyes on the diviner of NS OR I would have known that :P... lil bugger must have 300 hide and ms! ;]

Zing wrote:
Celorn wrote:3.how come the flags look like they're sideways on my toon? instead of upright? something to do with an override I have or something?

Definitely a local bug for you I think. All the Relic carriers I have seen have nice upright flags - as you can see from the other SS on this forum. In fact I was watching you everystep of the way if that SS below is in fact the first capture the flag looked perfectly upright on my pc

Well, last night when both Ster and Mamba were carrying the flag beside me, the flags were upright! Perhaps it's the female skin mod I have installed...?

Zing wrote:
Celorn wrote:^-(First NS4 capture ever! - my J'ain captured MA's relic)

Yes indeed congrats - you were the first player to capture a Relic and it was alot of fun watching you do it.
Yay, thanks! -- I did something to be recorded in the Aetheria history books! It wasn't quite as exhilarating as a frantic tribes2 or UT flag capture, but was fun anyhow...

Zing wrote:
Red-Mane wrote:I've never touched one but from looking out the shout logs I have already identified 1 major flaw, leads to an unstopable exploit so I will not be publicly announcing it, if a DEV/DM wants to PM me I will let you know my concern.

Um - PM me already :)
I'm sure there are a lot of them, like holding the flag in AV or FD, or what about same-faction traitors helping attackers from the inside (not a flaw or exploit, more of a gameplay style)...
ImageImage

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Yeah, how about when you're hiding out in the Town of Frostdale or Avendell, you get "arrested" for stealing if you stay in town for long enough to get caught (oh, lets say 1-2 ingame hours).

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”