Losing XP during PvP

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
$chase$
Dearly Departed

Post by $chase$ »

thought i knew..but i dont,
i tested this with 4 different players and a dm..i killed all of them and no xp loss..still looking into it

Zaranthys Rivermoon
Newbie Helper

Post by Zaranthys Rivermoon »

$chase$ wrote:thought i knew..but i dont,
i tested this with 4 different players and a dm..i killed all of them and no xp loss..still looking into it

Maybe it has something to do with specific types of summons *and* the lvl of the PC being killed by such summons?

I ask because the other day Melencia was raided by a high lvl PM, accompanied by his summoned lich. A 14 lvl bard assisted in the defense of Melencia - she fell twice at the hands of the summoned lich and each time she lost 700 XPs (and gold as well) ...
- Zaranthys Rivermoon, ranger.
"Walk long and far, friend. Safe journeys and safer returns"

*The Few, The Proud, The Silver Striders (TSS)*

$chase$
Dearly Departed

Post by $chase$ »

this is not a summons kll...this was a player kill player

Zaranthys Rivermoon
Newbie Helper

$chase$ wrote:this is not a summons kll...this was a player kill player

Well, she said the summoned lich killed her - in any case, she lost 700 xps both times ...

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

summons take xp because they are NPC's...

lordvan52681
Wiki Editor

Post by lordvan52681 »

you misunderstood Chases reply Z; the original event was not a summons kill. It happened when 2 players killed another player and each time he lost xp.

As per your friend, unfortunately summons still cause xp loss =(

Zaranthys Rivermoon
Newbie Helper

lordvan52681 wrote:you misunderstood Chases reply Z; the original event was not a summons kill. It happened when 2 players killed another player and each time he lost xp.

As per your friend, unfortunately summons still cause xp loss =(

Oh! Then my apologies to all ... and to Chase as well o'course! :wink:

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

maybe a stupid idea, but the pvp i talked about was while i was in combat with other creatures. Maybe the other person was in combat with something else as well durining his/her pvp. So isn't it possible due the heartbeat script and some minor lags following by that it by any reason i don't know the scripting cuasing to make that faulure. Or like a ''defending you city from an invader'' script, that went outta control?

Zaranthys Rivermoon
Newbie Helper

ihuntudown wrote:maybe a stupid idea, but the pvp i talked about was while i was in combat with other creatures. Maybe the other person was in combat with something else as well durining his/her pvp. So isn't it possible due the heartbeat script and some minor lags following by that it by any reason i don't know the scripting cuasing to make that faulure. Or like a ''defending you city from an invader'' script, that went outta control?

Exactly ...

Unless losing xps in a 'PvP' from a summons from the enemy PC is 'tough luck - that's how it is and buck up!' kinda thing? :?

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

You know, I think Chase is just evil enough to be carrying around weapons with xp and gold drain on it :mrgreen: .

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Zaranthys Rivermoon wrote:
ihuntudown wrote:maybe a stupid idea, but the pvp i talked about was while i was in combat with other creatures. Maybe the other person was in combat with something else as well durining his/her pvp. So isn't it possible due the heartbeat script and some minor lags following by that it by any reason i don't know the scripting cuasing to make that faulure. Or like a ''defending you city from an invader'' script, that went outta control?

Unless losing xps in a 'PvP' from a summons from the enemy PC is 'tough luck - that's how it is and buck up!' kinda thing? :?

i don't think anyone knows, but today some bonebag named 'Hamin Fryar' PK'd my party (his level~32, our levels 17~19) and at least one of us lost XP! He waited until we finished fighting our mob so that didn't do it...

As for summons: I have done some testing on summons-kills, and I setup the EXACT same situation many many times, using: Gate, Summon creature and summon greater undead... All 3 summons caused XP loss, about 50% of the time, it doesn't make sense that it would be random like that? This was during off-peak times, within the Brethren guild house (so lag wasn't a factor).

As for pc's using summons for PK (or attacking you while you are fighting creatures): My policy is to either 1.heal as needed, 2.run away or if i'm REALLY pissed off: LOG OFF. That is if the summons is overwealmingly strong (ie: solars and balors) - i don't feel like losing hours of work just so some shut-in can get his rocks off.

Though, if it is role-played properly instead of just arena-style, then I will stand and fight, then if I die, just get rezzed by another Brethren.
ImageImage

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”