General Help Building NS4 Characters

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
DaigoroItto
Noob

General Help Building NS4 Characters

Post by DaigoroItto »

Hi All. I used to play a LOT on NS3. I moved to the Hall of The World servers while waiting for NS4, but fell in love the HoTW and have been playing there ever since. Anyhow, I want to finally get back into Neversummer. I've read the FAQ and a lot of other info in the forums, but I still have some general questions about how to think about character builds:

Do people level quickly on NS4? I ask because I've been playing on servers with a lot of high level content, so my character builds have all been geared toward making a great character at level 40.

Why is everyone down on my two favorite classes, WM and AA? I've grown to depend on these for the great AB you can get with them.

Are there any factions I shouldn't choose as an NS4 noob, or because they're not finished, or because no one plays them and it's hard to find people to play with if you join them?

Any other advice for a new NS4 player would be appreciated. I can't wait to get in and explore the new world.

Daigoro
Noob

Post by Daigoro »

nice. found my old forum account.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Expect to hit level 20 in no less than a week, unless you don't sleep and have no life.
A good starting faction is Last Alliance, it has the laeast restrictions other than, you can't be a RDD, Assassin, Dwarven Defender, Champion of Torm, or Shifter, as far as I know.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Daigoro
Noob

Post by Daigoro »

Thanks.

I remember that it was almost impossible to get much past level 20 in NS3, because there was nothing that would give much xp to an epic character. Is that true of NS4, the leveling slows way down after 20?

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Yeah, but that's because the higher level content isn't in yet. Look for it.... soon. :)
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Ace Dragonfury
Noob

Post by Ace Dragonfury »

Soon is already here. We are playing NS4 now finally because it is "soon"

sep caldessian
Wheres the donation box?

Post by sep caldessian »

it must just be me, or a recent fix (been on a nwn hiatus for a bit...two straight years of playing i needed a break.) but i seemed to have trouble getting 7 levels in a week. has the exp been increased?

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”