Elemental turning bug

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Garn
Noob

Elemental turning bug

Post by Garn »

Elemental turning seems to be bugged.
Specifically, Rotnorg recently made a 35 cleric/5 paladin with the water domain.
As is so turns out, he can only turn water elementals that are of level 20(half his hit die) or lower, which will instantly kill them.
He should be capable of turning player character water elementals, but he can't, including level 32 players in water elemental shape, even when Rotnorg wears the acolyte's medallion.
The other elemental domains are probably bugged in the same manner.

Bargeld
PKer

Re: Elemental turning bug

Post by Bargeld »

Elementals are turnable by Clerics with Air Domain, Earth Domain, Fire Domain, and Water Domain. Only creatures with an elemental visual model can be turned. This includes druids when using elemental shapes. You may only turn elementals that correspond to your domain(s). Due to a bug, this currently will not function against elementals that are of HD=turnerlvl/2 or higher.
http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.php/Turn_Undead
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Without looking, it's the type of thing I would say clerics don't really need.

While the spell lists for air/earth/fire/water are underwhelming compared to the big 3, I'm sure I'd make it a minor use while leveling thing, because we have to reuse appearances so often on the epic stuff and don't want to have to consider that for everything we make.

Ok, glanced at the script. Without unpacking all the logic (and it's complicated), there's a few things bypassed that used to be in there. Off the top of my head, death means cr half effective turn level, so it goes to a kd or dominate/minor penalties, some of which the creature in question might be immune to. And that still might not be quite right.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Garn
Noob

Post by Garn »

Bargeld wrote:
Elementals are turnable by Clerics with Air Domain, Earth Domain, Fire Domain, and Water Domain. Only creatures with an elemental visual model can be turned. This includes druids when using elemental shapes. You may only turn elementals that correspond to your domain(s). Due to a bug, this currently will not function against elementals that are of HD=turnerlvl/2 or higher.
http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.php/Turn_Undead
im the one who put that there after making this thread

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”