Trouble again

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Heeza
Pk Bait

Trouble again

Post by Heeza »

Well, I went to Gog.com and purchased a second set of CD keys. My son and I have played 3 or 4 times together on the NS4 server. Now, it no longer lets us both log on at the same time. We have 2 separate computers with 2 separate legitimate accounts. Any ideas?

Thanks,
A very frustrated person.
Level 1 Human Nuisance.
Starting Feats: Beer Domain, Sleep Domain. Weapon Proficiency, Fork.
Skills: Concentration -2, Tumble 4, Bounce 4, Snore 2

Rufio
PKer

Re: Trouble again

Post by Rufio »

You may already know this, but just in case:

Accounts are linked to the CD key used to create them, so if you are trying to play an account created on a different install of nwn, make sure you use the /disablesecurity command while logged in on the original install so you can play it with other CD keys. If security is not disabled and you log in with the wrong CD key, you will get auto-booted. All the security commands can be found here: http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.ph ... y_Commands

Also, when you play with two or more computers on the same internet connection, you should set up different ports for nwn. I don't know if this can cause problems with logging in or not, but I know it prevents server lag. I've never had to do this myself, and I can't quite remember where the old thread on ports is, so maybe someone else has more insight on this matter.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Heeza
Pk Bait

Post by Heeza »

Thanks for the tips again. I ended up resetting my modem and router and that seemed to do it. Crazy electronics.
Level 1 Human Nuisance.
Starting Feats: Beer Domain, Sleep Domain. Weapon Proficiency, Fork.
Skills: Concentration -2, Tumble 4, Bounce 4, Snore 2

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Heeza wrote:Thanks for the tips again. I ended up resetting my modem and router and that seemed to do it. Crazy electronics.
This statement makes me wanna make sure you read this :
Rufio wrote: Also, when you play with two or more computers on the same internet connection, you should set up different ports for nwn.
IIRC people found that a router reset would work, but only for a time. Port is either in the nwn.ini or nwnplayer.ini
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Yeah, found it on the nwn wikia.

You will need to edit your Nwnplayer.ini file in the "Client Port=####" field on one of the computers.
Client Port=5121
This is the port the client will use to connect to servers. If there is more than one client connected through a (home) network, these ports must be different for each client. Suggested values for this are numbers in the range 5121–5129.
some basic Nwnplayer.ini info can be found here: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Nwnplayer.ini
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”