Stuck at loading area

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
onlyosiris
Noob

Stuck at loading area

Post by onlyosiris »

Hey all.

I just bought NWN and decided Neversummer seemed like a fun server to play on. I planned on making an assassin so I started with the Shadow Legion of course. However, a big problem has come up. I get stuck at the loading area screen everytime I try to load the mercenary barracks. I tried making a couple new characters but I get the same result. I then tried making a character with a different faction and I was able to play. However, I really want to make an assassin build. I tried tinkering with resolutions and graphics tweaks but they haven't had any effect.

Anyone have any idea of how I can get past the loading area screen in the mercenary barracks?

Thanks alot.

Bargeld
PKer

Re: Stuck at loading area

Post by Bargeld »

Try installing a different video driver. Keep in mind that newest does not always provide the best performance in most games.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

DM_Sultan
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Sultan »

I'll try to catch you in-game, too. Sometimes all it takes is having a DM manually pull you to the right area one time.

Sultan
Torm the Loyal Fury

Nocturne
Noob

Post by Nocturne »

Try this also, I recently installed NWN from a new copy that had the 1.69 update as well as some community mods (Witch's Wake, Kingmaker, etc).
Turns out i still had to use this critical rebuild. I guess someone at bioware forgot to include some things on that disc set...
Lokey wrote:Critical rebuild patch is at http://files.bioware.com/neverwinternig ... Update.exe (English, win, HoU)
::MADD:: Nocturne - ::MADD:: Mouth for War - ::MADD:: Mauler - ::MADD:: Tegus - Mozzie the ::MADD:: - Oshosi the ::MADD:: - ::MADD:: Hellion - ::MADD:: MONSTER - ::MADD:: Maelstom- ::MADD:: Ah Pach - ::MADD:: Clown

DM_Sultan
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Sultan »

All really good suggestions here.

Sultan
Torm the Loyal Fury

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

disable shiny water
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

onlyosiris
Noob

Post by onlyosiris »

Hey I got it to work.

I reinstalled NWN and it didn't help. I messed with all the settings and nothing happened. I used the critical rebuild and got the cep 2.4 at the same time and it fixed it. I'm going to assume it was the critical rebuild.

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys.

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

If it's the animation that hangs, you could try to hit esc or try to move around with the keys. If on win 7, you might have to run as administrator.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”