CD key in use??

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
elovrich
Noob

CD key in use??

Post by elovrich »

9:30 PM CST or there abouts I logged out to get some dinner, when I returned at about 9:50 I could not log in due to my CD key being in use? Something to do with lag or should I be concerned?

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Re: CD key in use??

Post by Amoenotep »

it happens sometimes by the server locking in your key....if it doesn't work itself out or happens consistently over a period of time (week or so) i might be concerned
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

elovrich
Noob

Post by elovrich »

normal ETA for it to unlock?

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

no idea..but sometimes alot of times a reset will
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Omen
Noob

Post by Omen »

i get this error often as well even after i have not logged in for days not hours.....

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Someone else is using the same keys as you. I have the same problem with one of my sets of keys and its a legit one I bought. A pirate set is easily obtainable if you have continuing problems. Unfortunately you'd have to release your secuity on prior toons.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

:oops: So I decided to get cute with this. I had a really old CD key, and thought, well this might fix it. And typed it into the cd key file, fully thinking I could get the other key back off the Diamond Edition case I thought was still tucked safely away in a box ... a box my wife threw out to make room for christmas decorations, in MY office all while I was deployed. I'm a little peeved right now to say the least lol. Anyway....

Be that as it may, I would rationally think that changing the cd key in this manner wouldn't cause a problem with running the game or logging in. Running the game is no problem. However, trying to log in to our server, doesn't seem to be allowed. My login attempt keeps getting timed out. Is there somewhere else I need to go to change my cd key and if so does anyone know how that's accomplished. What do I need to do to get this fixed barring changing my cd key back, or getting a whole new installation of the game +key off of GOG.com.

Thanks in advance :D
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

You wouldn't happen to have it installed on another comp as well? Might still be in an .ini file there, even if you uninstalled.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

:oops: uhh yeah I fixed the problem. I've got a few keys floating around, but the key that I rolled it too, was the same that I already had on the new laptop ... I thought they were different keys and that there was something I was missing. They weren't different keys, but I was missing something lol.

Problem solved.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”