Druid / Shifter Build

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Opie Crimeria
Noob

Re: Druid / Shifter Build

Post by Opie Crimeria »

Definitely spread the EER feats around instead of all in EER: Ele. A crit immune tank like the Iron Golem will resist a lot of elemental damage with EERs: Fire/Acid/Cold/Sonic/Ele. Resisting 10/- of each elemental damage will reduce the damage seen by quite a bit.

I think you can take shifter earlier than listed; the early shifter shapes are nice.

I wouldn't worry about hide/ms. Not sure how effective the low hide/ms would work on a huge dragon or iron construct. Especially since you would need to find a large enough corner (mountain?) to disappear behind. Can max out Spell craft on the last druid level.

Maybe look at raising Con to 21 in order to sneak in Epic Damage Reduction feats?

Outsider shape has some good forms that can be very useful. Rak has spam True sight capability + greater spell breach. Azer has damage shield + scimmy (like iron golem) + fire stream. Slaad is good for haucking magical loogies.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Opie Crimeria wrote:I wouldn't worry about hide/ms. Not sure how effective the low hide/ms would work on a huge dragon or iron construct. Especially since you would need to find a large enough corner (mountain?) to disappear behind.
I just suggested that because he had so many spare skill points after building in improved expertise and other combat skills. Not something I would actually take more int for.
Maybe look at raising Con to 21 in order to sneak in Epic Damage Reduction feats?
An epic damage reduction shifter is fantastic, but it usually means no blinding speed.

Outsider shape has some good forms that can be very useful. Rak has spam True sight capability + greater spell breach. Azer has damage shield + scimmy (like iron golem) + fire stream. Slaad is good for haucking magical loogies.
Agreed, but Outsider shapes are much more effective with a high number of shifter levels. All of the azer and slaad abilities are based on shifter levels, so they are weak without plenty of shifter. They aren't particularly good meleers either, so you really just take outsider for their special abilities. If toothpicks wants to stick with more druid levels, outsider shape probably isn't needed.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Rickdawg84
Noob

Post by Rickdawg84 »

Hello All,

Not trying to highjack this thread. Figured I ask this question here since this is a shifter thread that is already up.

Working on making a air elemental hipser. I think I have the build figured out, but trying to decide on the race. Either svirf or drow.

Bennies are...

Svirf - blur for 50% conceal
Drow - Darkness aura for +10 hide, can use a tower shield and won't need any books. Will need a int book on the svirf.

What would people suggest? I am leaning towards the drow but thought I would ask people's opinion.

Thanks!

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

We've got the TC/NC forums for these things so we can keep our builds secret!

but... the drow darkness doesn't give +10 hide. It is just effective invisibility against anyone without ultravision.

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

+10 to hide due to being in darkness modifier is probably what he's talking about.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

I can't find anything about darkness granting +10 hide though.

Of course you can hide from anything without ultravision regardless of your hide score in darkness.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Not exactly what was claimed, but...

Spot
Additional modifiers
+10 DC if the spotter is in combat.
+5 DC if the target is standing still.
-5 DC if the spotter is standing still.
Size modifiers (tiny: +8, small: +4, medium: 0, large: -4, huge: -8).
Area spot check modifiers.
+5 DC for stealthed players (only), if they are in the back arc.
+5 DC at night if the spotter does not have a light (or darkvision).
-10 DC at night if the target has a light on them.
Listen
Additional modifiers
+10 DC if the listener is in combat.
+5 DC if the target is standing still.
-5 DC if the listener is standing still.
+1 DC for every 3 meters between listener and target.
Size modifiers (tiny: +8, small: +4, medium: 0, large: -4, huge: -8).
+5 DC for every 40cm of object (including creatures) between listener and target in outdoor areas.
+2 DC in indoor areas if the line of sight is blocked and the target is within 4 tiles.
Area listen check modifiers.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”