Shifting Guide

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Rufio
PKer

Shifting Guide

Post by Rufio »

I get a lot of questions about the mechanics of shifting in NS4. I put together this guide on the wiki to try and cover any question anyone might ever have about how shifting works. It doesn't tell you the best way to build your shifter, but hopefully it can guide people through the quirks associated with shifting. I think it is pretty accurate, but anyone with wiki access can feel free to correct any errors.

http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.ph ... ting_Guide
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: Shifting Guide

Post by mining »

Looks good. Suggestions:
large elementals (but not huge elementals),
State levels. That'll confuse people "large elementals? Is air large and earth huge?
A Monk will still receive 1 ac per 5 monk levels per usual.
Are you sure this is accurate? I don't have code on hand at the moment, think someone mentioned their RDD dragon had 1 less AC than expected because of it.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Yea, I can clean up the elemental part. I think the monk line is right, but that is coming from word-of-mouth.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

monky ac when you shift is converted into -wis bonus ac then when shifted...brils fix to hyper-monk shifter ac
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Yeah, the wisdom ac is canceled out when shifted. We mean the +1 monk ac that you get every 5 monk levels. You probably aren't going to get more than 2 ac from that on most shifters anyways. Maybe 4 on a 20 monk 20 druid build. Maybe I'll throw some shapechange scrolls on something with umd and monk levels and see what happens with that ac later.

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Post by Daral0085 »

I am 85% sure that shifters get the monk ac/level. The part they lose is wis AC, but AFAIK that is the only malus.
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”