Question about Earth Gen Armor Bonus

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Dazrield
Pk Bait

Question about Earth Gen Armor Bonus

Post by Dazrield »

So.. I am playing an earth gen, but I notice that the advertised armor bonus doesn't seem to stack with ammys. With an ammy of ice at 20th level earth gen(which gives me 5 natural armor) I only improve by 1 AC. Not sure if the earth gen was intended to only give +1 or +2 ac after 16th level, but that's certainly how it looks on the char sheet :(

My question is.. what good is the AC bonus if it doesn't stack with the server gear? I could understand if it was made obsolete at higher levels like dodge or deflection bonuses of some subraces.. but I thought natural AC didn't have that problem.

Dalan
Dungeon Master

Re: Question about Earth Gen Armor Bonus

Post by Dalan »

Here's the usefullness.

At level 40 you'll most likely be wearing an ammy with +5 natural AC , and when you activate your Earth Gen token you will gain +2 AC.

Earth Gen gets +7 Ammy slot AC , no stack , whichever is the highest.

You can even make a build for those neato keen Ammys out there that have little to none AC bonus , and at level 40 you will have +7 Ammy slot AC bonus , whereas any other race would have whatever was on the ammy.
Dumathoin: Keeper of Secrets under the Mountain

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Dazrield wrote:I could understand if it was made obsolete at higher levels like dodge or deflection bonuses of some subraces.. but I thought natural AC didn't have that problem.
It sounds like you are confusing ac types. Dodge AC is they type that stacks with itself, all the others (including natural ac) don't.

Dalan is right though. The earth genasi token grants more natural ac than any spell or amulet, so it still provides an ac bonus in the end.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Yep, and you could also abuse divine power amulets :)
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

Thanks for the replies. Sure wish we had an updated documentation on subraces in the forum sections here with some of those FAQ's about the abilities pointed out(like which sub's ac stacks with what). I've got a test module I use for builds, but due to the custom content here, I have a lot of trouble replicating things effectively as I've just found out with the earth gen(when I test built mine I just added the natural ac bonus into a test ammy on the build).

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

This is general for nwn, not just NS4. It's on the nwn wiki:

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_class
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

The githzerai ac bonus is dodge, the deep gnome ac bonus is deflection, and the earth gen ac bonus is natural. They all act like any other ac buff. The ac types are documented on the wiki in the subrace section and like frog said, what all stacks is just general nwn game mechanics.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”