Weapon Master

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Re: Weapon Master

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

Rufio wrote:use that extra feat on planar turning. You'll never regret it.
heck i already had the 25wis and 25cha requirements. why didn't i think of that! i'm such a dolt!

edit: just realized i didn't have turn undead. :(

- glow -

:) why the hell do they have that? lol

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Chernobyl_Glow wrote:
Rufio wrote:use that extra feat on planar turning. You'll never regret it.
heck i already had the 25wis and 25cha requirements. why didn't i think of that! i'm such a dolt!

edit: just realized i didn't have turn undead. :(

- glow -

:) why the hell do they have that? lol
I actually made a Cleric19/WM19/4 fighter (vanilla NWN) which got that feat at level 16 WM, and god it kicked Balor [censored]. Then again, so could my level 25 cleric with evil and good domains. :lol:

I reckon its a design oversight.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Aurin the Masterful
Noob

Post by Aurin the Masterful »

Im just wondering if there is a reason for taking 30 lvl s weapon master. If not mabey the devs can throw them a bone like all the other classes got. Eg improved two weapon fighting for free :D

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Post by Daral0085 »

No, no reason at all. 28 is the last meaningful WM lvl. It's the same with shifters; no possible reason to take it past Shifter 28 (and several good reasons to not do it).
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

Shhhhhhh
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Shhhhhhh »

Theres quite a few shifter abilities that go off shifter lvl, dunno if the extra 2 lvls is worth it, that depends on the build, but I wouldnt say theres no reason to take more.

For the WM tho its a bit different :)

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

30 shiter gets you a few good boosts: +2 to a load of DCs, you have enough bonus feats to max out dragon DC, you get +4 to a certain shapes regeneration, I think there are a few more, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

Negatives are -1 AB and less druid spells.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

weapons master levels are their own reward
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Aurin the Masterful
Noob

Post by Aurin the Masterful »

Amoenotep wrote:weapons master levels are their own reward
I agree to lvl 28. But no one is going to take 2 more lvls as far as i understand.

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Why is it important that people take 30 WM levels?
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Post by Daral0085 »

Oh yeah, forgot about shifter skills. There is some utility to it, then; you just don't get any more bonus epic feats, etc. So in some builds they would be wasted, in some they wouldn't. And you also lose a point of AB, so it would have a cost. Nevertheless, I retract my statement about shifters.
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

trickovthlyte
Pk Bait

Post by trickovthlyte »

LinuxPup wrote:Why is it important that people take 30 WM levels?
I think they were hoping you'd give them a reason to take 30 WM lvls Linux. Similar to my hoping you'd give players a reason to take 40 Rogue lvls :wink:

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

Why is it important that people take 30 WM levels?

I think they were hoping you'd give them a reason to take 30 WM lvls Linux. Similar to my hoping you'd give players a reason to take 40 Rogue lvls :wink:

Or taking 30 lvls of PM since MD can't pk them anymore with AO and RK toons. What a joke, you ran around with a PM/bard and at the time you became a Developer did you not think you should reduce the ac on PM's. no MD cant pk anything and you are helping them. Seriously, you had a pm/ bard. Did you think he had to much ac? Nerf something you should give the rest of the players a reason since you had many PM's. Tell them. :?: What a joke.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

I think the reasoning is that you should always get something worth having when you take the 30th or 40th level in a class (i.e. RDD's dragon, fighters's pure class, caster's hellball)

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

mining wrote:I think the reasoning is that you should always get something worth having when you take the 30th or 40th level in a class (i.e. RDD's dragon, fighters's pure class, caster's hellball)
could you imagine giving bards another reason to be pure? WM at that point can greatly reduce the saves (IMO worst detriment) of a character, but with that many levels you hit crazy hard and crazy fast
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”