WHere did Beta3 Go

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

hahaha the cookie jar fiasco! :D
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

bobplaz
Noob

Post by bobplaz »

This is ridiculous, its been close to 4 days now, and not one response from Nerdlor since thursday. I would think we NC players would have a right to know what is going on with our server...? Nerdlor, or even ANY DM for that matter, could you please shed some light on what is actually happening to our server? A simple crash could be fixed by a simple reset. Thank you ahead of time.
"Look at your young men fighting
Look at your women crying
Look at your young men dying
The way they've always done before."

-Guns N' Roses

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

just give them some time....It WAS a cookie jar :D

I know its been a while, but we'll endure :D
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

Roomulus
Noob

Post by Roomulus »

It would be great to know the status of the server. Who knows? Maybe jobs have been added?? :P

My expectation is that all PC's on the server will be gone when it comes back.

We had best keep in mind that the devs are under NO obligation to tell us why they are delaying.

bobplaz
Noob

Post by bobplaz »

Obligation, no, but common courtesy would be to let the fans of their module and of their server know as much as they know about the situation, i.e how long it will stay down, why it's down, so on and so forth. I never mentioned them having an obligation to tell us, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't.

-Guns N' Roses

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Adding jobs does not require the server to go down for more than a minute.

It was said to be a hardware problem I believe. That means they'd have to figure out the problem and then possibly order new parts to fix it. shipping can take a while especially when you're on a low budget.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Roomulus
Noob

Post by Roomulus »

In my mind 'right' = 'obligation'

I actually was suggesting changes might occur coincidentally to the outage. Jobs is more of a dream - as loss of PC's is a nightmare. :lol:

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

If TC chars are lost, then i'll give everyone a bunch of money to start with, and i'll probably be able to scrounge up a bunch of mithril and enchanted steel weapons for later on. So it won't be a total loss, as there must be other rich expatriates on other servers that'll come back to help.
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

Bob
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob »

I don't think ppl have to worry quite so much about lost characters - the server character vault is shared between the servers. If something catastophic happens, you may not be at the last location you were prior to the crash, but your character information should still be around.

Unless the evil server monkeys have corrupted it. :)

mumoogaipan
Noob

Post by mumoogaipan »

It has now been 5 days. What is going on. I am not asking for much. I just want to know why Beta 3 is down so that i dont have to keep checking in on it every hour. Like i said, "I need my nevercrack." Please, will someone adress the issue of where Beta 3 has gone. Besides mistaking the server for a cookie jar ^_^.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Server 3 has been down for 5 days now and I haven't asked why, or care, I have more characters on other servers, including some of my NC characters.

It's been 5 days. If ppl would have started a new character on another server they would be what level now? 11? Less whining and more playing.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Psycho Dordt
Looking for group

Post by Psycho Dordt »

5 days------> lvl 17ish
I don’t really see much point in intelligence anyway, even at very high levels of intelligence, wizards still don’t realize it would have been smarter to be a sorcerer.

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

1 day is all it took me to get to lvl 14 :D started at 8:00 AM went till 8 PM, although it was a druid...which is incredibly easy to lvl :D

mumoogaipan
Noob

Post by mumoogaipan »

I know, i should play more characters on other servers. I am totally cool with having to do that. In fact i started some RK characters. Pretty fun, but i just want to see my monk again. *tear comes to eye* i love that little guy. ^_^. But Jester is right. We should play other factions. I was just looking for an official response

bobplaz
Noob

Post by bobplaz »

Yes, we should play other characters, and many of us are, but we shouldn't have to make other chars. Nerdlor addressed that it was a simple system crash and that it would be up by morning on the 14th. Its the 17th. We shouldn't have to make new character and start from scratch given the information that has been released to us. That is why I am upset. Not over the characters themselves, but the principle of that fact that a statement of it being fixed by morning of the next day has now gone untouched for 5 days now. I for one think that certainly could use some explaining. I guess until then it's Counter-Strike and my Dwarf in RK for me :P .

-Guns N' Roses

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”