1.69 startup issues

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
frogofpeace
PKer

1.69 startup issues

Post by frogofpeace »

Posting this because I never would have figured it out if Tep hadn't told me. (Thanks Tep)

After I installed the patch, NWN would not start for me - the first menu screen with the "Play", "Toolset", "Update" buttons came up, but when I hit play, I got the next screen, then it quit. This trying to launch from the desktop shortcut.

Starting from the nwnmain.exe in the NWN folder worked.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Re: 1.69 startup issues

Post by DM_Kim »

I personally never use the Updater toggle on the NWN launch screen. For some reason, on my system not all the files load and if your not watching it closely you'll miss the "failed to load".

The only evidence of failure is when you try to log onto a server. Instead I now always use the Critical Build put out by Bioware. That never fails to load all files. It can be found here: http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_english_hotu.html
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

Mental
Pk Bait

Post by Mental »

Not sure if this is the right area but the problem I am experiencing was ever since i updated.

When I am in Teamspeak, no one can hear me while I am in game, but I can hear them. Also when I log out of the game they can hear me, or even when I minimize nwn, they can still hear me. It is only when I am actually in the game that ppl cannot hear me when I try talking. I use Alt as my hotkey btw.

If anyone has any idea on how to help me fix this I would greatly appreciate it.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

change your hotkey to one that isn't used by the game...i use the R3 button...clicking the wheel on my mouse ;)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

priestofbast
Looking for group

Post by priestofbast »

as for the updater issue, i notice that since i got diamond, i haven't been able to get it to work without going to the critical rebuild every time.

not sure if that is common for others...

cat

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

I have diamond and updated through the menu with no problems.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

One of my comps works fine but the other i have to use the rebuild on, they both have diamond. One is dual core and the other isnt. Always figured that was what the problem was even after the cpu affinity was set.
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Post by diddy33 »

i don't think it's a dual core thing. psiber and i dowloaded it same time, both not dual core and he had to use the critical and i didn't.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

I had to do a critical hit with my baseball bat on my XP machine for it to take the 1.69 impression
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Ragnareith
Pk Bait

Post by Ragnareith »

Well, as I said in another topic regarding 1.69, when I tried updating, for the first time, the download failed on me, prompting me to get the critical rebuild. So I went to the specified link and tried downloading at just over 10kB/s. Being frustrated, I tried to restart the download to get a better speed, and instead, the download never actually started. It may be that troubles with obtaining the 1.69 patch are actually related to the Bioware download mirror, and when you actually tried to download the patch.
"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones" - Mark Antony from Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar"

Mathiuz
Noob

Post by Mathiuz »

I dont think ive ever had the updater work for me, at least if it did, the times it didnt has out shadowed it. Now, any time i re-install, i just grab the critical rebuild from the bioware site then play.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”