Change log?

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Rummybum
Newbie Helper

Change log?

Post by Rummybum »

I don't know about anyone else but I can't find things on forums any more. The organization ? such as it is doesn't help me.

So far I can't get any character onto the new server, either the screen stays black at the rift or I discover some weird change has made the character unplayable right from the start like a LG cleric being told to go join MA (ho explanation) Turns out any domain that allows Invis is a no no in NC so you are well and truly screwed playing a cleric there. It wasn't enough we had no significant arcane magic...
Vastly confused

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Re: Change log?

Post by LinuxPup »

Yeah no trickery or evil domains in NC... which kind of makes sense. If you need 50% concealment, get a bard to buff you, or play a duergar or svirfneblin.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

Aye makes alot of sense, time for the army of earth gen clerics.
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

Rummybum
Newbie Helper

Post by Rummybum »

Yeah play an evil aligned race instead of having trickery domain? Why the NC would even take those...

Still only can have any kind of invis as a bard and bard song is greatly nerfed.

New areas are great but I can't get to them.
Vastly confused

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

But NC gets timestopping Paladins on horses!
LinuxPup wrote:-Horses: Don't get too excited yet about horses. Due to Bioware's buggy implementation (sorry, but its true), horses have a known issue of freezing up player's screen for 1-5 seconds when they first see one.
-Only available to characters with 5 Paladin levels.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

Bargeld wrote:But NC gets timestopping Paladins on horses!
LinuxPup wrote:-Horses: Don't get too excited yet about horses. Due to Bioware's buggy implementation (sorry, but its true), horses have a known issue of freezing up player's screen for 1-5 seconds when they first see one.
Laughed so hard. Made my day!
xXenox

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

Bargeld wrote:But NC gets timestopping Paladins on horses!
I was worried about what my first new character would be. Thanks for the answer! :D

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Can't wait to see a bunch of mounted Pallies all converge on a target and all crash each other. Even lvl 40 party/caster friendly can't help you there!
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

One result of having trickery removed from the north. We no longer have an avenue for making a character able to open locks. (shameless plug for rogues in NC, if we can't have wizards we might as well lobby for rogues, worked for MA ;P )
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

But we can take Knowledge for Knock!

...oh wait...

PWND! :lol:

Truth be told, I am pretty sure any PC can put skill points into Open Lock, we're just restricted to investing 21...plus dex mod...plus skill focus...shhh... :wink:

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

cRaZy8or5e wrote:One result of having trickery removed from the north. We no longer have an avenue for making a character able to open locks. (shameless plug for rogues in NC, if we can't have wizards we might as well lobby for rogues, worked for MA ;P )
Worked for MA? Why do you think IO left MA?
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Pfft... I put 1 OL on every toon i have. 1 + 20 + (0-20) dex + 7 gloves + 10 rings = 38-56 (depending on dex) Add another 20 from skills and 13 from feats and maybe 8 from song, and it gets ya to a max of 96 OL with a cross class dexer. DWP gates with DC 80 won't be a problem then. Even in combat :shock:

The apparently the lack of exposure to rogues has taken its toll on you northerners. You sure you'd know what do do with it if ya hard one? The rogue that is... :twisted:

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Lorkar wrote:
cRaZy8or5e wrote:One result of having trickery removed from the north. We no longer have an avenue for making a character able to open locks. (shameless plug for rogues in NC, if we can't have wizards we might as well lobby for rogues, worked for MA ;P )
Because you are evil, amoral cads who willingly trade one loathsome master for another? just guessing ...
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Shamed Monkey
Looking for group

Post by Shamed Monkey »

They don't want rogues in NC cause I'll sneak everyone to death :O

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

frogofpeace wrote:
Lorkar wrote:
Because you are evil, amoral cads who willingly trade one loathsome master for another? just guessing ...
Its better to rule in Hell than to serve in heaven, so you keep dying on your knees. And remember its Torms job to forgive FoN/CLAD, its our job to arrange the meeting. :twisted:
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”