crafting question

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Thorac
Looking for group

crafting question

Post by Thorac »

hey guys i have a bard30/fighter5/bg5 i started crafting with here in tailoring got to craftmen then i came up the message( due to your devotions of your god you can no longer progress in this craft) any ideas ?
DOGMA: Fear is as strong as steel, while love and respect are soft and useless. Convert or destroy nonbeliever drow. Weed out the weak and the rebellious. Destroy impugners of the faith.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Re: crafting question

Post by Nyeleni »

Blackguard: (found in the NS4 wiki) If a character has one or more levels in Assassin, Blackguard, Cleric, Champion of Torm, Dwarven Defender, Red Dragon Disciple, Paladin, Pale Master, or Shadowdancer, then that character cannot become more that(n) a Craftsman (Level 3) in any tradeskill. Otherwise the character can advance to at least Level 4 (Master Craftsman).
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Thorac
Looking for group

Post by Thorac »

thanx a shame :(
DOGMA: Fear is as strong as steel, while love and respect are soft and useless. Convert or destroy nonbeliever drow. Weed out the weak and the rebellious. Destroy impugners of the faith.

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

I know that crafting was recently updated to allow you to "update" crafted items...or something. And this creates different versions...or something. But, you can only "upgrade" them once (or is it twice) before they are no longer upgradeable...or something.

Can someone who is more intimately familair with the crafting higher level items either post a summary or even just the thread links and the order I should read them that contain this information?

Thanks!

Dalan
Dungeon Master

Post by Dalan »

'Double upgraded' is the term that I have heard most call it. I will list some basics here that will satisfy most of your questions. I think that all crafted items are able to be double upgraded now, although I am not sure about some of the weapons. Feel free to ask me for help if you have any further questions and/or problems with crafting.

Any simple/martial and exotic weapons crafters out there that know exactly which weapons can't be double upgraded? Please post here and inform us.
  • must be at least lvl 30, I recommend more since the xp cost can delevel you to below 30
  • must have the required gold and xp amount on your pc
  • either have in your inventory or craft a master artisan item, then use a master artisan crafting station and an extra choice will appear near the bottom of the menu *upgrade item*
  • choose upgrade,place item in the crafting station,a script will appear and tell you a cost of 100k gold & 2.5k xp,agree to this and the item will be single upgraded and placed back in your inventory
  • repeat this process to double upgrade the item, your cost will be an additional 135k gold & 5k xp
  • single upgrades increase the ability, skills, saves and in some cases the ac by +1, double upgrades increase the item by another +1
  • pc's must be level 25 to wear single upgraded items, lvl 30 for double upgraded items
  • an item can be single upgraded, and at a later time taken back to be double upgraded
  • do not put upgraded items in the Avendell Anvil
Dumathoin: Keeper of Secrets under the Mountain

Tsavong
Spamalot

Post by Tsavong »

it seems from what ive crafted that AC on crafted items dose not go above 5 such as lvl 25 upgraded boots give 5 dodge ac and the double upgraded lvl 30 still give the 5 but the other stats are increased by 1
Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}, Banshee {GODS}, Warlock {GODS}
MrAsimov wrote:...one thing has become fairly obvious to me: NC is already full of a bunch of rogues.

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

I'm curious... I have an ma armorer now, but not lvl30 so right now i'm just making the lvl20 stuff..

anyone know if the shields go to +6 ac and 20/dr like the dropped ones?? I am assuming they do. The deflect and dodge AC on other items is capped, but shields and armor should not be, to match existing dropped items.
ImageImage

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

They do, Celorn. Same stats as IA they just weigh less.
Also to upgrade to 2nd tier (lvl30) and items you only have to be 29 and in some cases 28 for some reason and 24th lvl for 1st tier items. Also you must have acheived Master Artisan in said Craft naturally. just an admendment to Dalans post
Also Wands,Rods do not upgrade unless this has been changed very recently.
Aswell as the crafter may use his crafted items one level before anyone else. so an Armorer may wear his fully upgraded crafted armor and shield at 29 as opposed to any other wearer who can wear it at 30
And how did Dalan put those fancy bullets in his post i like em!
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

Another word of advice is that if your going to craft Stay Pure Class.

At least that will give us a baseline to go from should there be problem within the system itself.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

Dalan
Dungeon Master

Post by Dalan »

'bump'

More good crafting information here.

All of you crafters out there, feel free to post questions/problems with your crafting.

http://www.nsrealm.com/public/ns/viewto ... =23&t=1247
Dumathoin: Keeper of Secrets under the Mountain

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Dalan wrote:
  • must be at least lvl 30, I recommend more since the xp cost can delevel you to below 30
  • must have the required gold and xp amount on your pc
Not sure about the above - my experience is that if you won't be delevelled for insufficent xp, but if you don't have enough of either gold or xp, you get a message "You cannot afford the costs to upgrade this item" and you lose the item. Have had this happen with my multi-classed tailor (pre-wipe) and my single-class arcanist (post-wipe) (multiple times - I'm a slow learner :P)

Also my single class amorer (see - sloooooow)
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

pure class is the safest and most boring route. certain multiclass combos have been tested and are known to work (bard ftr wm can craft cloth once bard levels are enough). there may be a few more combos out there. its extraordinarily time consuming to craft up so most folks are too chicken to stray from the golden path of purity. i tested the first bard ftr wm combo as far as i know, and i'm now working on a second multiclass crafter experiment. I'll post the results. dunno if anybody's tested other combos.

kinda bites that you generally have to make an unfun toon to craft, but there you have it.

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

Here is a scenario... If I have a rogue/fighter (25/5) and progress up to MA tailoring, then take SD at level 31, do I lose all the MA crafting ability and/or upgrading ability?
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

As soon as you take a class which doesn't allow crafting past lvl3 you loose the upgrading ability.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

I think nyeleni means crafting level 3 (arcane), not character level 3.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”