Disarmed items disappearing on zone change

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Bargeld
PKer

Disarmed items disappearing on zone change

Post by Bargeld »

This has happened to me exactly 2x now, both at the same exact zone change with the same character (Morder), although they occurred about 3 weeks apart.

In the halls before Alzaara, at the last of the 3 halls, when battle ensues (dual wield [censored] swords 50% and sword shield the other 50%) I have gotten disarmed and had my main weapon fall to the ground (which is normal). After the battle, I go grab my sword and rest and it gets id'd. I reset all my quickslots and test and all is good to go! (mind you 5 quickslots dedicated to 3 shields and the 2 for the dual-wield swap). When I continue forward through the zone to alzaara, I pop out on the other end and the previously disarmed sword is gone. Just gone! Poof!

In the most recent occurance, I was rdy to leave and a party member asked if i was going to leave my sword on the ground. I had already grabbed it and rested and reset the quickslots. The party member who mentioned it then went forward through the zone, so i asked a teammate next to me if they saw any swords on the ground, and the response was that I was wielding 2 swords currently. I asked the original teammate to come back and pick up the sword, but when they arrived, they were unable to see it on the ground any longer. So I assumed all was correct and continued forward, only to lose the blade.

This is very frustrating as the first time i lost my only +5 bsword and this time I lost the blade of war. It is especially frustrating because i HAD a nice little dual-wield going with war and peace. Now I am left at lvl 31 (ecl3) with a single +3 bsword.

It'd be great to have someone look into that area and find the bug that is occurring.

It would be ideal if I could get these (at least war) replaced through some divine intervention 8)

On a side note... whats up with the shops doing this with freshly purchased items? Its a killer at lvl 5 when you've saved 4 levels worth of gold to go buy all your eq and then it just goes poof. It's even more of a killer if you sold your current items to buy the new ones and you get left nekkid.

Thanks for any help possible!
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

kain124
Looking for group

Re: Disarmed items disappearing on zone change

Post by kain124 »

A tip on the shops. When you purchase items you get those items in your inventory and they take the gold. Well when you are going to get stripped walking out you'll notice they took the gold then gave you your items. If your outta cash your still screwed, but if you pay attn you won't leave the store at night w/out your items.

Tsavong
Spamalot

Post by Tsavong »

Ive had the same thing happen

I lost a +6 hope crusher on transition form the MA nexus into the unknown evil screen

I had dropped it because my inventory was full but ide picked it up put into my hand redone my quick slots and make space for it in my inventory when I took the portal I was left with no weapon

and im sure it was there as it was in my hand in the inventory screen and I my characters model ive also been told by a friend that he lost a IA towershield in the same way he dropped it put it in his shield hand which was in his hand in his inventory screen and on the model but he could not quickslot it he said it was there but not when he transition it dissapered

is this a known bug with nwn or something new?
Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}, Banshee {GODS}, Warlock {GODS}
MrAsimov wrote:...one thing has become fairly obvious to me: NC is already full of a bunch of rogues.

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

I believe the original bug discussed here is caused by a full inventory... everyone should do themselves a favor and make sure their inventory is never full for now.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Leaving items on the ground

Yeah, the item vanishing if dropped is a common thing - it happens because of the cleanup script when exiting the zone/area when empty of PCs. Also, thanks to pup, a lot of mobs are disarming now that weren't before. But so far, the only times I've been disarmed by mobs, the weapon ended up in the inventory.

But there ARE bioware bugs with inventory and there is a strange problem with the disarm scripting -- I've noticed if there's a weapon on the ground and you are in combat when you try to pick it up it says '*disarmed*' and won't let you get it. Then sometimes afterwords the weapon becomes 'stuck' on the ground and nobody can pick it up.

Stuck weapons

Also weapons and equippable items sometimes get 'stuck' or 'ghosted' in your inventory, where you can't DO anything with them. Usually relogging and/or resting fixes that problem (just make sure someone else is in the zone with you when relogging).

Getting replacement [censored] swords

As for replacing your sword.... you have a lvl-31 toon, so you should easily be able to go and get another one from sunken, it's a very regular drop. The pirate bsword is a lot more rare. Actually if you want I can sell you a generic +6 [censored] sword or two... just PM me on here for details.
ImageImage

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Much appreciated!

I've experienced that same *disarmed* warning when trying to pick up a weapon drop during battle. It even happens if it is not a weapon that you've ever picked up. For example, a party 'clears' out a room and starts looting remains. One of the low str toons decides the un-id'd axe they picked up isn't worth carrying due to encumbrance, and so they drop it, still un-id'd, but it sits on the ground on it's own now, instead of in a remains/drop. One of the unruly monks starts running around and finds some straggler enemy and engages. They are fine on their own, so you continue to loot and try to pickup that axe that they dropped, but you get the *disarmed* warning as long as the group is in combat and that combat status includes you.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ashsagoon »

I just had one of my imbued mithril kamas disappear :( They were both disarmed in NS castle when I was defending the relic, one of them fell into my inventory and the other just disappeared. The guy who killed me said it wasn't in his inventory and it's not on the ground. I had about 3 pages free in my inventory so it's not like it was full. :( Not sure where it came from either. :-(
PWnD by Squishee
LinuxPup wrote:you probably just didn't realize your builds sucked

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Were you near a wall? The weapon drops in a random area nearby... its been known to drop in/on/behind a wall, where it either can't be seen or is difficult to see.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ashsagoon »

No.. I was in a pretty open space.. it would have had to have dropped pretty far to land in the wall
PWnD by Squishee
LinuxPup wrote:you probably just didn't realize your builds sucked

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”