A search for the Demi-Gods...

For general role-playing or tales and stories of your NS characters. In-character only!
Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

A search for the Demi-Gods...

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

Kur-clink, the tiny grappling hook caught firm in the ancient stone.

Climbing swiftly hand over hand, Annabelle Thunderfist soon reached the top of the massive Neversummer City wall.
Stowing her grappling hook, Anna quickly tied off the rope and left it dangling down the outside of the wall in case
she needed to make a fast getaway.
Looking out over the Redwood District, the little Halfling HIPS and relaxed for a moment, letting her mind recall why
she had come here to the City of the Demi-Gods.

Detained by important business, Anna had arrived late; just as the weekly meeting of the Fury Guild was breaking up…
she could feel the tension in the air… members were again discussing their lack of a Guild House.

“Very inconvenient doing all our business from the Melencia Council Hall”
“Twould make it so much easier exchanging gear”
“We’ve done all they asked and more!”
“Are we official? Have we been approved?”

Delisha Zrazorian, Fury’s ambitious young Leader, threw up her hands in distress…
“There is nothing I can do, my friends”, Delisha confided, “the decision lies with the Demi-Gods…we must wait patiently
for their divine approval”.

“We’ve been waiting patiently”, someone snarled in the back of the hall, “the Demi-Gods have forgotten us!”

“Maybe they had forgotten!” Annabelle smiled, and grasping on to that idea as if it were an absolute, a plan of
action formed quickly.
“A friendly reminder certainly could do no harm”, the little Halfling concluded, “Neversummer City was just over the hill
and with her blinding speed she could be there and back in no time…and she was off duty till 6:00am tomorrow morning”.

Snapping back to reality, Annabelle swiftly began her search for the Demi-Gods…

“Might as well talk to them the face-to-face”, she surmised, face-to-face communication generally produced the best
results, and besides she’d always wanted to meet a Demi-God…

Fearless like all her kind, Annabelle never felt the twinge of anxiety, like many others within the Guild, when names like
Amoenotep, Lokey or LinuxPup were brought up in conversation, their names only peaked her unquenchable curiosity…
she wondered what they would be like, the Demi-Gods… big, she imagined… really big!

Quickly, Annabelle walked around the City Districts, easily avoiding all the Neversummer City guards and Half-Celestial
warriors. Finding the Library, the City Council Hall and the Temple locked up tight; Anna thought it strange indeed,
and wondered how the inhabitants of Neversummer City entered these public facilities if always kept locked.

Finally arriving at Neversummer Castle, Annabelle smiled, hers tiny eyes wide absorbing the magnificent structure.
“Ah… here must be where the Demi-Gods reside.”

Yet, inside the Castle were only more Guards and some big, sword-wielding, warrior named Ghaele, who really looked
more like a meathead than a Demi-God. Anna had the urge to punch him really hard, but fought off the idea considering
it counter-productive to the quest at hand.
Entering into the Neversummer Relic Cradle, Annabelle found only more of the same… Guards and Half-Celestial warriors.

“Humm? Perhaps the Demi-Gods were on vacation.”

Re-entering the Neversummer Castle Lobby, Anna noticed a large book on the small table in the center of the room.
Surely the Demi-Gods must read from this ancient tome… else why would it be here in the Castle? Swiftly, the little Halfling
took an inkwell from her backpack, and then opened the massive Neversummer manuscript.

Dipping one finger down into the blue-black fluid, Annabelle wrote a single word on the top of the first page…

“Fury”

“There,” the little Halfling smiled, “that should get their attention!”

Then like a shadow she was gone, back over the Neversummer City wall and blazing up the Silver Road toward Avendell.

“The Demi-Gods may decide to kill us all for my little reminder”, Annabelle chucked to herself as she entered Avendell Crossing,
“but at least we’ll not be forgotten!” :twisted:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Twiggy
Newbie Helper

Re: A search for the Demi-Gods...

Post by Twiggy »

someone should write a story about AO jobs :P
burrahobbit wrote:My mommy tells me that I am the best looking kid in school

burrahobbit wrote:We wake in the morning and piss excellence in FoN.....We win because we have better players, not builds....I think I'm starting to get this condescending thing down :lol: :lol:

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

Grumbling quietly to himself Gorm glances at the blatant graffiti some foolish mortal has placed in his book of deeds.
Chuckling he sees that rather than post some abstract incantation the offender has foolishly identified the guilty party.

“FURY”

“So they want recognition for their deeds do they?” Gorm mutters with a smirk. “So be it”.

“A quest for the Clan of Fury’s I place. A quest that if completed will grant a guild hall and colors for you to wear with pride.”

“Just as a fickle whim for my amusement as well as a lesson go forth into the land and gather for me 50 broken books. You desecrated one of the books of the Gods so in return you can clean the land of similar filth. Find 50 broken books and present them to me. Once this is done you may in turn present to me your choice of Guild colors and be prepared to work on the creation of your guild hall. Now be gone with you”
Gorm-Fire Eyes

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Shaking her head in disbelief, Delisha listened intently as Commander Thunderfist revealed the details of her trip to Neversummer City
and the response she received from the Gods for her brash actions.

50 BROKEN BOOKS! Delisha's jaw hit the floor, "That is no small task; we must get right to work"

"Caw, caw, caw" Annabelle sent her feathered friends to spread the news to all Fury members...

We need 50 broken books as soon as possible! I would expect, that in the process, at least 10 non-broken books should be found to increase the Fury library.

This current assignment is to supersede all others... now get out there and FIND BOOKS! Hail Gorm!

MOVE IT! :twisted:

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Looking up from her paperwork, Delisha Zrazorian, the Leader of the Fury Guild, was surprised to see
her Field Commander, Annabelle Thunderfist, returning so soon; why was Anna not out searching for
broken books to complete Gorm’s Quest?

“How goes the quest for broken books?” Delisha questioned quickly, before Annabelle could say a word.

“The Quest has been completed M’Lady”, the little Halfling smiled, “All 50 broken books have been gathered
and given to thunder-thighs, Joan of Bark, as she can easily carry the extra weight. The books are ready to
be delivered wherever and whenever you wish”.

Delisha’s eyes went wide, she’d never dreamed the Quest finished so fast, and found herself reluctant to ask
about all the underlying details; pushing any negative thoughts aside, however, Fury’s young Leader wrote a letter
to Gorm informing him of the completed Quest.

Like a beam of blistering sunlight Annabelle flashed down the road toward Neversummer City delivering the letter to
Gorm; less than an hour later, the little Halfling was once again back in Melencia, the letter now resting
comfortably on top of the infamous: “Book of Deeds”.

Once back in Melencia, Annabelle sent out her feathered friends to spread the good news and thank all those that
helped complete Gorm's Quest.

Caw… caw… caw… thank you all! :D

Return to “The Bearded Bard II”