A Fine Deity

For general role-playing or tales and stories of your NS characters. In-character only!
Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

A Fine Deity

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

-
One quiet evening, the relics were safe and secure in someone else's relic cradle. I was managing gear in the guild hall. I was dealing with one particular gear handler who calls herself Lolth's Pitiful Mistake ~PWnD~. Then suddenly – Bam! I’m dead. Then, miraculously Alive! Voila! Praise Lathander! Then - Insta Death again. Boo Lathander! Then back to life and dead again. Then life, death, life. I'm says aloud, "Ok. ‘Nuff, Lathander." And a moment of silence followed.
-
Then I overhear a rumble in the next room. So much for a quiet evening. I dismiss the pitiful mistake and head that way. To my dismay I find in the foyer of the guild hall a Shrine to Tymora. Hmmm. I stood. Looking at the shrine of Tymora I started thinking. It has been ages since I’ve seen Lathander. I’ve seen Tymora quite recently and have been treated fairly (Or quite luckily). In a moment of spontaneity I had a change of heart, “Why the heck not? Tymora it will be!” I then knelt and gave praise to Tymora. I saw an image of a spinning coin and I knew that Tymora was now my deity.
-
Then I heard a footstep behind me. I had thought I was alone and I was sure that if someone were to have entered I would have heard them. I turn quickly and find none other than Tymora Herself. Wow. Quite lucky! She said to me, "So you've had a change of heart?" - "Yeah. Lathander hasn't been quite the Ray of Light lately. Seems your existence is a little more, Appreciable."
-
I said, “Of course my friends (Glow the Paladin, Glow the Sorcerer, Glow the Ranger etc) all worship Jessica Alba.” I knew that by just mentioning this I was taking a great risk. I mean I knew where my heart truly lies but to mention the name of another deity in the presence of a deity is generally a baaad idea. To my surprise, Tymora actually admitted a bit of an appreciation for Jessica.
-
She asks, “Why do you not worship her then?”
Glow - “It’s a long unfortunate story. Basically it was a Pitiful Mistake.”
Tymora – “Well, today is your lucky day.”
-
A few moments later, the large dragon statue in our hall tumbled to a pile of dust. Then the dust was whisked away by a sudden breeze. In the newly cleaned area, a large rock appeared. “A shrine to Jessica Alba!?!” I turn a wary eye to Tymora. “Are you sure you don’t mind? I don’t mean to be flippant.”
-
Tymora said, “Go ahead. I would.” I hesitated for a second but then bowed to the shrine of Jessica Alba. A fleeting sensation passed through my mind – the smell of cinnamon, the petal of a lily floating on a breeze, the sound of a harp playing and a heavenly girl standing in a green meadow. As I stood, I knew that I was now a follower of Jessica Alba.
-
I turned back to Tymora intending to express my thanks. With a half smile/half smirk on her face, she glanced at me but then walked right passed me. She approached the shrine. I took a step back expecting fireworks. But to astonishment, and without an ounce of hesitation, she knelt on both knees and bowed. To my amazement I caught a whiff of cinnamon and faintly heard the strum of a harp. She’d just acknowledge Jessica as HER deity!
-
She stood and slowly started walking toward the guild door. And as she passed, in response to my dismay, she shrugged and said, "Hey. It’s Jessica Alba! And that's one fine Goddess."
-

-

~ Glow ~

Bummer that the shrine didn’t stay after reset. That would have been handy.

Its funny how different DM’s interact with players in different ways. Not saying that any particular way is better than another but I always enjoyed my encounters with Malik. He was a bunch of fun. Jokes, pranks, spawns (some challenging, some ridiculous) etc. A few seconds after the event above he sent me a tell, “Can you tell that I’m bored?”

"And bring back Denir, God of Glyphs and Images!! I repeatedly pray and pray for photos of Jessica and you never answer!!" lol.

Cheers! - G
Last edited by Chernobyl_Glow on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Re: A Fine Deity

Post by Ryddwillow »

Dude get a life, and remember it is all a game. ( say that yourself over and over)

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

*cheers* Glow.. your style is appreciated in a neigbothood of ticky tacky houses..
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

Ryddwillow wrote:Dude get a life, and remember it is all a game. ( say that yourself over and over)
Wow, that's gotta be a new record for causing me to have a low opinion of someone.

Entertaining post, Glow, Thanks. Reminds me of the time Chuck Norris arrived to rescue me in Dwarf Home. The guy killed 6 dwarves with one roundhouse kick, it was beautiful.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

To shadow and rain,

Thanks for the comments guys. I know better than to take Willow seriously. I doubt he even read half of it anyway.

Laters.

- Glow -

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

I doubt he reads half of what he writes!
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

Korr wrote:I doubt he reads half of what he writes!
wish i could say the same :lol:
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

lol nice one.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

And with that said.......
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

Return to “The Bearded Bard II”