Journal of a young Reaver

For general role-playing or tales and stories of your NS characters. In-character only!
Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Journal of a young Reaver

Post by Rainswept »

What a day I have had! I have been pulled through some sort of rift and tossed into a strange land. Luckily some helpful dwarves and fellow gnomes have befriended me, and helped me to become acclimated.

The dwarves expect all to work for the good of the community, however, and I have been sent out to clear vermin from the nearby caves. This has proven to be a tall and dangerous task for a weak and sickly gnome like myself. I've had to rely on my agility alone to keep me alive. I didn't bring much wealth with me through the rift, but I had enough to get a crossbow to help me in my quest.

The dangers underground are high, however, and despite all my caution, and attempts at attacking stealthily, earlier today I was struck down in one mighty blow by a rabid chicken. what was amazing is that as I lay dying, I suddenly began to recover and lept to my feet in time to take care of the nasty fowl! I can only assume it was the hand of Mask which quietly slipped down and brought me to health!

I have devoted my studies to that of learning the ways of the monk, having heard that this practice can allow me to use wise planning in order to dodge blows. This sounds like just the thing for a poor little svirneblin who couldn't carry around heavy armor.

I'd be lost were it not for the help of a specific group of dwarves and gnomes who call themselves Reavers. Despite the fact that many of them follow Moradin, they indeed work much in secrecy and shadows, following in the teaching of Mask as I do. Secrecy is so important they don't even reveal their names to others, and so I have accepted this rationale and I simply go by "Reaver . . [RR]"
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Re: Journal of a young Reaver

Post by Rainswept »

Life through the Rift continues to astound. Today I crossed paths with a powerful Cleric. Having befriended him (He felt I had a nice beard.. "for a gnome"), He bestowed many powerful blessings on me. The Dwarf claimed they were from Moradin, but their power certainly helped me grow closer to Mask.

A wondrous thing has happened! I have fought so many battles so quickly, and lord Mask has been so pleased, he has granted me the ability to disappear from my enemies sight before their very eyes! Untold pain will come to my enemies with this new ability. Woe to all who oppose lord Mask!
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

Lord Mask has smiled upon me yet again! Unworthy tho I am. In his wisdom he has caused to fall into my lap a tome possessing such powerful magic that simply by reading it I become more intelligent! Reading the book came with a price, as all things do, but I found it well worth the cost. I become more skillful than ever now.

It is clear to me now that Mask has great plans for me, why else would he send such fortunes my way? I must work to earn the rewards that come.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

The people in this world beyond the rift are many and varied. Tonight I fought along side an entire group, all of whom could disappear from sight as I do. I am sure Mask enjoyed the chaos and confusion we wrought.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

I continue to explore this vast land. I have found that far more of the land can be reached for those who are brave enough to dare... There exist dragons who will transport adventurers accross the realm on their backs. The price they charge is of course exhorbitant, but what did I expect from dragons?

I spent the most time lately, however, in a frozen region I reached by way of a ferry. The master of the ferry demanded a price as high as that of the dragons, which was foolish of him. There may be no way for me to cross the water without the ticket, but once I had my ticket, I decided that ferryman are far easier to kill than dragons.

It is not wise to swindle followers of Lord Mask, not wise at all.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

The followers of Lord Mask are not fools.

Last night I led a small group of adventurers, when a much larger, more experienced group came upon us. Without hesitation or a single word, they attacked us, quickly slaughtering my companions. My companions were not followers of Mask, however. I simply dissapeared as they moved to swarm me, and waited them out.

A full frontal assault against 6-7 foes is simply not prudent. Making note of their names as they stumbled blindly around groping for me is a different matter. There will come another day.

Return to “The Bearded Bard II”