Search for the Mistress of the Skies

For general role-playing or tales and stories of your NS characters. In-character only!
ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Search for the Mistress of the Skies

Post by ashsagoon »

The report came in just after midnight. Word had been sent from an informant that the Mistress of the Skies may have been abducted and replaced with an impostor. Whip and I were the first to respond, the first on the scene. We approached the portal with caution and were mobbed by the normally kind protectors of the Air. Obviously coerced into such evil deeds we pledged to free the souls trapped inside those corrupted bodies. We fought many hard battles with the denizens of Air, only to have dark magic turn my companion Whip into a chicken. A brave soul he was and we fought on, clearing a path to the portal that leads to the Mistress's chambers.
We stood before the portal; blood, sweat, and chicken droppings covering the floor. And out of nowhere one of our allies, a member of the Avendell Watch, showed up to confront us. We told him of our plight and how the Mistress of the Skies had been replaced with an impostor. He left and returned quickly with a gift from his captain, the blessings of the gods. With the gods behind us, we entered the portal and prepared to face the impostor.
There were many corrupted beings standing between us and this fake Queen. We fought long and hard to destroy our foes and free their spirits. And although the dark powers still held Whip in chicken form, he pecked the eyes from each and every villain. We tried hard to convince the corrupted spirits and guardians to change their ways with no success. They fought for who they believed was their queen. Poor fools!
Finally, with the intervention of the gods perhaps, the dark magic was removed from Whip and he was returned to his normal form. He reequipped all his armor that had shrunk during the transformation and we prepared for the final battle.. or so we thought. We approached the Mistress and I looked in her eyes. Those were not the eyes of the loving Queen of Air. No, these were dark and foreboding.. evil. She attacked us and fought we with all our might to destroy this abomination. The battle lasted many rounds and several turns (HOURS I SAY!). A gritty fight between two of the Alliance's soldiers and this evil mage.
Finally, the impostor was slain. We searched her remains but found no further clue to the location of the real Mistress.
Image Image
We tried the gates, but foul magic had sealed them. We were resting to recover our injuries when a great shout echoed across the land. The voice of Tig'ak, Dragon Ascendant shouted in his booming voice, "I have been released! Muahhaha.. *RAAAAWWRRRR*" And then he came..
Whip raised his White Scythe from his shoulder, a gift from the great White Lord himself; he swung a mighty blow at the dragon rending flesh and bone from its belly! The dragon screamed in agony, the walls of the Castle in the Sky itself shook, but still he fought on. It seemed like forever that we fought. I was almost slain by his might claws many times. I tried to interrogate the evil one as we fought but he was not forthcoming. Perhaps it was the blood spewing from his lips that silenced his words.
I even taunted his shameless chugging of Glowing White Pots by laying more before him. But alas, I was forced to partake in the pot chugging myself. Finally, with a blow that Anubis himself would have feared, Whip slew the mighty dragon. Unfortunately, his body fell on me and I had slice my way out, it was not so glamorous.
Poxx himself came to congratulate us on our victory. Alas, he ran before we could turn him into a sandwich.
Dark magic flowed around us once again and turned us into Harpies. Flying chickens. But we did not let this slow us down and we found one of the gates to the castle unlocked.
Unfortunately, upon entering there was no Mistress to be found. Perhaps she was held in another place, we do not know. For now we must wait until more clues can be uncovered...

-From the chronicles of Trusek Rhaotep, Horseman of Neversummer and warrior of the Alliance.
PWnD by Squishee
LinuxPup wrote:you probably just didn't realize your builds sucked

VagaStorm
Developer

Re: Search for the Mistress of the Skies

Post by VagaStorm »

Thats prety cool, but with those helmets you look like the kenkus I used to grind in Eye Of The Beholder I back in the erly 90ies :p
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Return to “The Bearded Bard II”