Hunting down a criminal

For general role-playing or tales and stories of your NS characters. In-character only!
Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Hunting down a criminal

Post by Nyeleni »

Vero of the infamous Illithid Order was put on bounty by the authorities of Sleeth. Since I, Braeken Candleward, Archmage of Underhome, lost their favour after slaying some dragons (honest mistake and outside Sleeth), decided to hunt him down.

After Disciple Brie of the Dracho Cosa Nostra, a shady collegue of mine, gave me the tip to look in the Frozen Reaches. I took the ferry to those inhospitable lands. I heard that other adventurers had had bad encounters with that ruthless band and all had perished. I only hoped I would fare better.

After arriving before the mound to the Icy Crypts I saw that they already were engaged in a fight. It was Smaug a known halfdragon of dubious character who was fighting two at once. If I remember it correctly Valhor and Vero. I casted some spells at Vero to draw him away. And indeed after another Mordekainen's Disjunction and another spell I got his attention.

I fled towards the village, but before I got there, I stood still and awaited Vero. He knocked me down. And after each attempt I could cast a volley of missiles in his face. It was a close call, as one more hit, and I would have laid dead at his feet, but due to my epic warding and magic death shield, I could prevail.

I had to get back with a prove. Using my knife I decided to take one of his ears and went back to Sleeth. There Chirrem, the Golden Dragon, rewarded me with a book of unspeakable knowledge.

//Thanks a lot to all involved, was great fun :). Especially to Vero and Anubis.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Return to “The Bearded Bard II”