Burning Reeds a haunting melody indeed

For general role-playing or tales and stories of your NS characters. In-character only!
Azeel3
Pk Bait

Burning Reeds a haunting melody indeed

Post by Azeel3 »

Once more into the Breech my friends. So many stand against the forces of the Alliance, yet as they feared once more we won the day. It is not our numbers, but our resolve that has once more turned the tide of battle in favor of the Allaince. The Gods that have blessed our homeland have bestowed upon her greatest warriors a new and powerful weapon to defend the city of magic and light. This nite i was fighting at the side of Chode and Monster, two loyal and powerful members of the alliance. We where locked in epic battle with Netya'nis Eldaquen(tss) a mighty shifter who dare i say walk where she pleases. It is said that she can turn herself into a dragon, and aye these romurs be true enough, but even more deadly forms lay instore for those foolish enough or brave enough to stand and fight; but when one is upon their home grounds what choice does one have, you don't simple let your home burn because fire spills upon the floor, no you fight for what is yours.

There had been a series of raids into Neversummer this nite, battles erupted all over the main city sqaures and within the castle itself. Blood spilled unto the streets until the gutters themselves overflowed with the red liquid. Many a brave warrior fought unto the death dropping an enemy only to see a friend fall at his side. This battle went on for what seemed to be days but in reality was only a few hours. During this epic struggle this humble bard fought with all the displine he could manage to hold his own, but i too fell several times as well. Then i heard a voice within mine head whisper a soft tune that i felt compelled to play aloud even though we where in the heat of battle. I instintively reached for my flute, a strange glowing object found within a void mysty areas of a nexus near our homeland. It glowed softly at frist; but then in the heat of battle it was like a fire horn, for as i began to play its soft song it was if all around me were either lifted to victory, or crushed in utter defeat.

My body and soul felt the flames of the Gods, mine eyes behold unseen sights as to which only seeing would bring about belief. Monster and Chode bodies where aflame ! They did take on a royal and Godly form in deeds and actions, dropping Eldquen with mighty strokes so fast that even this humble Bard could not sing of their actions. Their skin glisined with a golden Godly glow that seemed to increase their powers and reduce any effects that anyone that opposed them would try to inflict upon them. I had trouble concentrating upon my thougths form the screams and cheers; for both Chode and Monster Sang praise to their god Banjo, but terribly off key i must say. Leave the singing to professionals boys 8)

-Jester

Return to “The Bearded Bard II”