Praise for the stories

For general role-playing or tales and stories of your NS characters. In-character only!
Apokriphos
Developer

Praise for the stories

Post by Apokriphos »

Please use this thread to compliment the storytellers of this section.

There have been a total of eight posts in the Bearded Bard this entire year! I know there are many excellent storytellers among you, so we need to fix this. As an additional incentive, I will now reward players who accurately record their experiences in NS4 according to their quality.

Posterity is important, so please include any pictures you have of the event you are describing.

Steps to take a picture and post it in this thread:

1). Use your prt screen key to take pictures during the event. Check C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN folder on your computer and find the .tga files you have taken. They typically start as NWN000x.tga
2). Visit http://www.getpaint.net/ and download the free software. Use paint.net to open the tga file and save it as a .jpg at 92-93% quality on your desktop.
3). Visit http://imageshack.us/ and use the browse button to find your .jpg file and then click Host it.
4). Scroll down to the bottom of the screen that appears, and select the Direct Link to Image.
5). In this forum, use the (img][/img) function to post it here. Aaand you're done!

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Re: Praise for the stories

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

Apok,

I'm having trouble getting snap shots during game. I have the game installed to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NeverwinterNights\NWN

I have Photoshop so converting them should be quick. But I have yet to find a .tga file there.

I've now created a fake folder called:
C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN

But they don't seem to drop there either.

Is there some thing to be done other than try installing the game to the default folder?

Thanks for the help,

- Glow -

Apokriphos
Developer

Post by Apokriphos »

Whatever folder you have nwmain.exe installed in is the same one where your pictures should appear; always C:\Program Files (x86)\NeverwinterNights\NWN in your case.

Make sure that you are pressing the print screen key when you are taking a picture. Many keyboards have it above the normal key or as a function, in which case you need to press shift+prt screen or fn+prt screen, unless you map it to another key.

If you are positive you have taken pictures correctly and they still aren't showing up, try a search for NWN000. They should appear in the results if they exist on your computer.

In this example, you would need to hold down shift when pressing this key.

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

I will give that a try. It must be the Function or Shift thing no search for *.tga or NWN00 yeilds results. There are no new Helmes actually provided the picture to me via email. The imageshack thing was a breeze. Thanks for the tip.

Take care,

- Glow -

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

Lol. Shift Prt Screen And the path (Vista) is:

C:\Users\"My Account"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\NeverwinterNights\NWN

All set now. Thanks for the help.

- Glow -

Apokriphos
Developer

Post by Apokriphos »

If you can't access paint.net for whatever reason try downloading one of the freeware programs on this link: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best ... iewer.html

For an individual screenshot, you can also paste it into an open paint file and save as a jpg; paint being the default windows program.

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

Ashsagoon's "Device of the Ancient Ones" was really enjoyable to read, mostly because of the screenshots. But instead of just posting pictures, the story has added flavor through the text. He was relaxing when the summons came, we saw the quest, the journey, and the battle.

Great story and great use of pictures!!

ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ashsagoon »

Thanks a lot :) It was a lot of fun doing and it's not over yet. I'm trying to build a bigger story and this is just the beginning. I know it seems like overkill taking 2 lvl 40s to kill a lvl 29 or so dragon but for what I have planned I will need both those lvl 40s if not more :) I just wanted to set up the story. But I don't want to give too much away, I appreciate the comment and I'll try to work on the next piece.
PWnD by Squishee
LinuxPup wrote:you probably just didn't realize your builds sucked

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

Meh, stories aren't about the reality of how difficult the quest might have been for the two 40's. Stories are about the adventure. That was an awesome adventure. Even burrahobbit liked it (mainly cuz it had pictures so he could tell what was goin on). Can't wait to see what else is coming :).
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Post by diddy33 »

Even burrahobbit liked it (mainly cuz it had pictures so he could tell what was goin on)
LMFAO :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Bearded Bard II”