Play By Post: The Grasp of G'kra

For general role-playing or tales and stories of your NS characters. In-character only!
lord_modred
Spam Master General

Play By Post: The Grasp of G'kra

Post by lord_modred »

well... im gonna be running a Play by Post adventure in the not too distant future. your gonna be required to Roleplay your character. it's gonna be a moderate magic adventure. it's gonna be 3rd edition DnD. and be forewarned... if you try to mess it up, i will make your character very miserable.

now, as i dont have too much information on the adventure to give you right now.... here is the back story to the world that the adventure takes place in....(i dont like using other peoples worlds)

BACK STORY OF NORIOK:
the land you live on is a island-continent called Noriok by it's inhabitants. centuries before the current day, it had been a generally peacful nation ruled primarily by the king Encharious. the only real threat to this kingdom was the small but growing empire of Nar Tesh, which was ruled by the kings corrupt and treacherous son, Athreous. Encharious's son waged constant war against him, but he Athreous was never able to cause any significant damage to his fathers empire.
however aproximatley 120 years ago, Athreous sought to overthrow his father once and for all by summoning to his aid a powerful ally, Tarquedian, an ancient fallen solar who had been imprisoned by the gods in the bowels of the vile plane of Acheron for unforgivable atrocities.
But Athreous had greatly underestimated the wickedness and sheer power of the solar. withing days of his release, Tarquedian completely decimated Corvonash, the capitol of Nar Tesh, and slew Athreous and his gaurdians.
After the crippling blow to the Nar Tesh empire, Tarquedian immediately took advantage of his new situation and began summoning his armies of yugoloth to Noriok and started the building of his terrible empire. for thirty five years a war between Taquedian and Encharious ensued, until encharious was mortally wounded in a fateful battle outside his kingdoms capitol, Shosana. A week after the battle Tarquedian took the city of Shosana and set it up as his primary military outpost, however Encharious's body was never found.
A large portion of the known world is now ruled by the self proclaimed god-king, Tarquedian, and he rules his realm with an iron fist from his iron citadel at the center of the wastes of Nar Tesh. however, some resistance still remains to this day, to the south west, the rebel empire of Earas holds strong. Earas is the king of the city of Araent and leader of the Templar of the Encharidon, a sect of warriors dedicated to the destruction of Tarquedian and the protection of the hidden temple of the Encharidon... said to be the final resting place of Encharious.
To the north, there is the remenent cult of Athreous, they seek to ressurect the dead tyrant Athreous and restore his status as the "rightful ruler of Noriok"
There are many lesser and unknown cults, sects, militias, and factions who also wish to be free from the control and tyranny imposed by Tarquedian, some evil, and some good... but they all have the same enemy.

ALL SPACES CURRENTLY FILLED, NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
Last edited by lord_modred on Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

*applies*
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

Tapper
Noob

Post by Tapper »

me, me!

Nala
Newbie Helper

Post by Nala »

*Nala walks Up* i'm in ...*looks sizes up those who have already applied..* be prepared to be smited..
BE ONE WITH THE PENGUIN

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

keep in mind, im the one who does the smiting around here

*pulls out his PnP DM staff*
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

And I make sure those smitings have force. mwahaha.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

It may take a little longer than i expected to get the game running... ive got more RL obligations to attend to than i realized. but to prepare you for the game, here are some of my house rules and the game specific rules...

HOUSE RULES:

Sorcerers:sorcerer may only be taken as a first class, you may not multiclass to sorcerer from any other class, however if you multiclass from sorcerer, you may still take sorcerer levels later on.

Sorcerers are born with their power... they do not learn it....
(this rule is subject to in game change however)

prestige class: A prestige class may only be taken if the character has attended a training session for a month and possesses a tomb regarding the arts of the prestige class skills. you need not go to the school/temple/conclave/whatever place you went to every level you take the prestige class, just the first level.

The skills of a prestige class must be carefully studied, taught, and learned... they do not come easily.

Katanas: katana's are a finesse usable weapons.

those samurai didnt just practice swinging the sword as hard as they could ya know...

these are the most important ones that come to mind... if need be, i will tell you the other ones.

GAME RULES:

these rules apply to only this particular campaign

Alignment: you must begin your character as a good or neutral character. that doesnt mean you cant slowly slip into evil, however, if you do something really out of character(e.g. paladin decides to decapitate a small child and violate his mother) then you will regret it... such vile actions tend to draw the attention of the abomination gods... and they are always looking for new hosts for their servants.

Class: any class in the PHB

race: any race in the PHB or forgotten realms hadn book, if you want a new race, PM me and i will allow or disallow it as i see fit.

level: you will all be starting at level 3... makes things move along more smoothly without it being ridiculously hard or easy.

you must also write a back story to your character... doesnt have to be too extensive, at least a paragraph or two though.

COMING SOON:Dieties list and diety backstories(i dont like using other peoples dieties)

help save world hunger!

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

I'm in. Although giving Modred the opportunity to get some back on me is rather frightening :P .
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

DM Clang
Dungeon Master
Location: Somewhere between here and there, Remember no matter where you go there you are!

Post by DM Clang »

I'll play also.

However if you group is too large to manage then I'll bow out.
old timer

Faith
Pk Bait

Post by Faith »

i'm in....... ya ya ya

Tyrael
Noob

Post by Tyrael »

Same here!

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

excellent! i think we have our group!

ive got more information coming... just have alot to deal with right now.

by the way, faith, that avatar is painful to watch... *shudders*

help save world hunger!

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

It may take a little longer than i expected to get the game running... ive got more RL obligations to attend to than i realized. but to prepare you for the game, here are some of my house rules and the game specific rules...

IE i think he forgot we started skewl this upcoming monday....

Nala
Newbie Helper

Post by Nala »

Nice av..mauhhh waht i feel like doing to a few guys i know
BE ONE WITH THE PENGUIN

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

uh modred.. *ahem* lets get go'in...

and nala... i thinks that's a different thing than what u try to do to guys...

Return to “The Bearded Bard II”