Pickpocketing = 100% griefing

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Lothy
Pk Bait

Pickpocketing = 100% griefing

Post by Lothy »

I think all of you will agree with me on that one. Pickpocket skill is total griefing. There is no other use of PP but to take away somebody else's item/gold. Disarm and PKing can be used by griefers too, but PP is an ultimate griefer's choice.

Yeah, some of you will say "well rogues need to be useful too". True, but why would someone chose PP skill? The only reason to do so is to make other people's playing experience worse. There is alot of frustration in losing a godly item to some dirty low lvl player who just wants to make your life miserable.

Are DMs considering removing this skill from the game? Maybe make a script that will de-level character if any PP points are taken? Please nerf it. I dont want to carry 3 pages of bullets on my every character!
Hey! I'm RPGer

Roleplaying Power Gamer.

Check out my new Tow Missile!

Lil Rose
Noob

Post by Lil Rose »

Go... away. Just please... go... away. :shock:

*Pokes Lothy's pockets and runs off*

RunarSterk
Pk Bait

Post by RunarSterk »

Maybe you need more points in your spot check skill.

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

Griefers are the biggest whiners becasue they don't like it when anyone tells them to stop griefing.

Its so predictable and sooo whiny.

Of course, a rogue could pick the pockets of opposing factions, instead of taking items fomr their own faction... now, thats a thought.

Alanthaleous
Noob

Post by Alanthaleous »

Well I will tell you this... Im not a griefer, but I am a whinner... But I dont think PP should be taken out of the game.. over the past few days Ive come to relize that the faction vs faction thing was good... Why was I getting KSed? It was my mouth... I made a new account, with new names... And have only been in a forced PvP sitituation once by an immposable PC...

And as far as rouges being "useful"... you can, not me, can spend your points on OL and DD (thats open locks and disable device) I on the other and am going to befriend a rouge to go with me to that dungeon... even if I do get pp... they may just give the item back later, you never know... its happened to me before

KillingSheep
Noob

Post by KillingSheep »

Does any one really bother to pick pocket though? - decent items are pretty easy to come by. I have traded with people for all sorts of clerical goodies. If I was pick pocketed I would thank the alleged griefer for taking some of the sh*t out of my inventory.

Qui
Looking for group

Post by Qui »

I second the motion by Rose..
"If you are 20 and not yet a communist you lack heart, If you are 30 and you are still a communist you lack rationality" ~ dont remember.

Spooky
Pk Bait

Post by Spooky »

its so funny all classes became useful now and ppl's old "pwn" builds are now fading out and everyone is trying to reduce the power of previous "suck" chars...no pp,HiPS in high lvls,no PM immunity,no this no that...SIT DOWN!! and enjoy the freaking game exactly as bioware made it thanks to our builders who have created a place every class is playable,STOP WHINING and try to find your way to survive..

Nightfall...quetly it crept in and changed us all...

Mz_Shadow
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Mz_Shadow »

If you don't want to be PPed learn how to avoid it. :)

Chimaira
Looking for group

Post by Chimaira »

Yea and Killingsheep came with the perfect solution.
I also wouldnt mind having one of those 4 pages of junk PPed by a rogue, should he bother to PP the whole page. I think hell bugger off after getting 3 rings of +3 conc.

Lework
Looking for group

Post by Lework »

Perhaps we need some jobs that will make use of the PP skill.

*steal this item from so and so, return it to me for 500 xp*

Chimaira
Looking for group

Post by Chimaira »

Steal a +3 conc ring from Chimaira for 500 XP.
i like the sound of that lol.

Tartardraco
Noob

Post by Tartardraco »

I don't consider PPing griefing at all...as long as they regulate thier thieving ways..as in don't PP the same person twice within 5 mins. And I wanna see the rogue or bard that can sit there for near an hour to PP all your items seeing as how I don't think anyone can PP 100% of the time (have a PP of 30+) on this game yet.

And hey if I knew I could PP rings for 500XP from Chim I'd be doing it since day one :D .

Devlin
Pk Bait

Post by Devlin »

PP is a skill that is useful in an rp setting. I thought stolen item where going to be tagged stolen? Anyway there are many ways to avoid it. And you can kil the thief and the item is supposed to drop I thought too? I been on NS 3 South and not on NS 4 much lately so maybe I am wrong about the tagged items and them dropping after a kill?
DM Devlin the Nightwalker
of NS 3 South

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

don't stand next to people? :o
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”