Faction IRC Channels (this thread on spamwatch)

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Mz_Shadow
Wheres the donation box?

Faction IRC Channels (this thread on spamwatch)

Post by Mz_Shadow »

By Popular DEMAND we now have IRC channels set up for Faction use!

Gamesurge network join only the room that represents your faction.

/join #NSServer1
/join #NSServer2
/join #NSServer3
/join #NSServer4

As requested by many players who wanted a place they could make plans for raids or just to find a party to join up with. Instead of using shout to look for players here!

Alanthaleous
Noob

Post by Alanthaleous »

And this could be scripted in game? So I have to download more software to do this?

QuickLightning
Pk Bait

Post by QuickLightning »

can we get a more detailed guide for this on maybe Tillian? i've only ever used irc.evek.org and have no clue how to get over to gamesurge =/. I know, im behind the times :P

Souldin
Pk Bait

Post by Souldin »

how does this work?

In game?

I'm clueless :)
-Once known as "Stealth"-

Souldin Reijn now adays

---

"Shutup and eat your cheese sandwitch."

---

Mz_Shadow
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Mz_Shadow »

There is no way to use it "in game" and as far as I know there are no chat programs that works with NWN other then voice chat that runs seperately.

You don't have to use the rooms but for those of you who was asking I created these rooms. It should work with Trillian, please someone who knows that program post the "How To".

Most just goto http://www.mirc.com and download the mIRC client. Once you get it click on servers and find the one that says gamesurge. Once you get in there type this /join #neversummer for the main Neversummer channel and /join NSServer1 - 2 - 3 or 4 for which ever faction you are in.

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

uhm, shudunt they be called server chatrooms.. not faction ones....
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

Rigging it in Trillian is easy and straight forward. Open the connection manager and select IRC. Click the add button (bottom left), to make it simple enter the following Description : Gamesurge, Server : irc.gamesurge.net , Country : US (or wherever), Port : 6667.

Then just enter in whatever info you wish in the personal info fields and the Identd fields.

Trillian is nice and basic and will get you started, mIRC is a good starting program as well and the set up is very similar to trillian. X-Chat is my current favorite though, easier to make changes to the interface and commands on the fly.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

Alanthaleous
Noob

Post by Alanthaleous »

No no, I didnt mean script a non nwn program into NS4. I meant script a new channel... I have seen a mod the scripted out the shout channel so it must be possible to script IN a channel yes?

mole
Noob

Post by mole »

[quote="Alanthaleous"]No no, I didnt mean script a non nwn program into NS4. I meant script a new channel... I have seen a mod the scripted out the shout channel so it must be possible to script IN a channel yes?[/quote]

DisableShout = 1

Its not a script, its ini configuration. There is no way to script new chanel similar the basic 6.

Alanthaleous
Noob

Post by Alanthaleous »

ahhh I see... but can you not make a command script that uses player tags that use a / command function to do this... as faction I assume are hard wired into the PCs base info....

tyrant
Noob

Post by tyrant »

it's not hard to have mirc running in the background, you simply hit Alt Tab to switch over to it and Alt Tab to switch back.

Joran
Spamalot

Post by Joran »

(OT: Unless you have a Radeon 9800, in which case switching out of NWN causes your computer to crash and reboot. Joy!)

QuickLightning
Pk Bait

Post by QuickLightning »

Where are all the L.A. players?! :(

Whenever I minimize/maximize NWN, the game gets bugged. Things such as the mouse wheel (which I use for a wide range of movement for the camera) becomes stuck and only works for zooming in/out...very annoying when ya cant swing it around quickly to target a creature. =/

Mz_Shadow
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Mz_Shadow »

LA is server 4 :)

Lework
Looking for group

Post by Lework »

for those of you having alt + tab issues have you tried running NWN in compatibility mode?

you do this by creating a shortcut to the main exe, right click on it and click on compatibility mode, select an OS. if compatibility mode isnt available and you are running higher than windows ME you have to enable it, you can google how..its a simple copy/paste command from dos prompt.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”