Heal and Harm

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Bariagan
Noob

Heal and Harm

Post by Bariagan »

According to some of the posts and bug reports that I have read, heal and harm have been changed to do a certain amount, one mentioned 50 points for a level 16. Could someone explain the rationale behind this change as I am having trouble understanding it.

Gil-Este
Newbie Helper

Post by Gil-Este »

i don't know if the devs changed heal and harm to correspond with the 3.5 PnP rules, but if they did (which makes sense because they seem to have done similarly in other things) then the changes are as follows. heal will heal 10 hitpoints per caster level to a maximum of 150 points at 15th level, and harm will deal 10 points of damage per level up to 150. the reason for this change is because a spell that lets you reduce a target of all but a tiny fraction of their hit points gives clerics a somewhat heightened ability to beat foes who normally would be too tough for them to hope to bring to their knees by conventional damage alone.
O heat, dry up my brains! Tears seven times salt
Burn out the sense and virtue of mine eyes!

Bariagan
Noob

Post by Bariagan »

Thank you for the response, hopefully that is the case as it is still useful but not exceedingly powerful. Guess I won't need to argue the weaknesses and difficulties of harm after all. Now I just ned to reach a high enough level to use it.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Gil-Este wrote:i don't know if the devs changed heal and harm to correspond with the 3.5 PnP rules, but if they did (which makes sense because they seem to have done similarly in other things) then the changes are as follows. heal will heal 10 hitpoints per caster level to a maximum of 150 points at 15th level, and harm will deal 10 points of damage per level up to 150. the reason for this change is because a spell that lets you reduce a target of all but a tiny fraction of their hit points gives clerics a somewhat heightened ability to beat foes who normally would be too tough for them to hope to bring to their knees by conventional damage alone.

So if the enemy shouldn't be beaten that easily, give them harm immunity :D
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Nothing more boring than blanket immunity.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Agent Shiny
Looking for group

Post by Agent Shiny »

that is why the harm spell was suppose to have a save right? =P
~Oblivion~

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”