Item and money banking...

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Alanthaleous
Noob

Item and money banking...

Post by Alanthaleous »

Now one of the things I hate worse then being PKed it being killed and losing about 20k gold for it.... Not to mention being robbed by rouges.... I see cool items and dont know if ill have the money to by them later so Ill by them and hang on to them... only to take the cahnce of a rouge stealing them from me... or a bug strip me we a lvl 20 decides to hunt effortless people...

A bank, or even a chest to store your items in cany be all that hard to make... it is a very great idea and should be considered.

Macifer
Noob

Post by Macifer »

I agree, esp. with the item level restrictions this could be useful. I'm now dragging along a lot of items i could use when i'm 4 lvl's higher. I havent got any magic bags and no place to deposit.

Selling them is not an option, i don't want to lose a lot of money when i die.
-- Balin Redhammer, RK (Fighter/WPM)
-- Balin Skullstitcher, RK (Cleric)
-- Macifer LeFlexible, AO (Sorc/Cleric)
-- Macifer, LA (Wizard)

Alanthaleous
Noob

Post by Alanthaleous »

Also with the bug of all your invo items vanishing when killed in pvp happening a banking system would be very nice... lost about 400k worth of gear due to this

Levan75
Noob

Banking

Post by Levan75 »

This can actually be solved very easily.
Some enterprising individualy could create a bank character. Of course enterprising rogues could target this character and pp, but they would be pping there own faction, which I suspect is a big no no. There are also ways of detecting this and once the banker starts screaming he has been robbed then his customers might take extreme disliking to the pp er. The banker could store items as well or buy various items that u cant sell anywhere else. This is a player run solution not one I am suggesting the devs implement.

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

Yes, we could also add terminal diseases that randomly perma kill your char.

We could also add need to feed, drink, wash ourselves, go to toilet, go to school, work. Make it most anoying as possible. Also get a flue once every year so that we need to stay at bed for 3 days. And it doesn't cure if you aren't looking and staying online during that time.

Then we should make burocracy, that isn't open from 6-20 but from 9-11 and that serves only 1 person an hour. You would need 20 documents done every game year (they all need to be renewed every year). Also we could also add customs, between every zone, passports, life insurances, kids.... list can go forever.

The question isn't if something can be done. But simply, is there any use of the change? For what purpose? Some kind of devs dark humor?

Everyone should follow: "Don't repair what ain't broken", and thats exsactly what devs didn't follow.

*edit*

ok. I posted this in a wrong trread. LOL this is so funny!
Last edited by Daltian on Fri May 07, 2004 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
xXenox

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

lol
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Æ
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Æ »

whoa dude, how did all that come from someone suggesting there be a bank? lol

and actually some servers do require you to eat and sleep (not just for HP and spells) regularly or your character becomes fatigued and/or can starve to death... I do agree that's WAY too much

The dark sun online server required you to drink water regularly, which made sense since you were always in the desert.... and water was hard to come by sometimes too, or expensive, depending on where you're getting it from, so it posed an interesting problem and was actually a pretty cool roleplay/plot element... so it's not always pointless or annoying to do these little things either.

I think a bank's a good idea, I don't know what you have up your butt lol }: )

Doesn't really matter anyway, anyone can simply store gold and items on another mule character, like I do

And in response to "don't fix what's not broken"... great, another person that forgets we are not playing the finished product, we are testing the beta, and the devs and dm's want us to post our opinions and complaints about how things are in NS4 so that our feedback can help shape the way things will become. They want this imput, so thay can change things, develop and refine the mod, balance things out, and "fix what's broken"..... there's alot that needs to be fixed and changed, the devs and dm's know that as well as the players, and it's still in the works
{FotS} Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
14 Fighter/7 Weapon Master (Rapier)/1 Rogue [LA Outcast]

:[FotS]: Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
8 Rogue/1 Fighter/1 Shadowdancer [MA]

Alanthaleous
Noob

Post by Alanthaleous »

Ok this might be such a big deal now that Joran has anounced that the pvp summons kill bug has been fixed... but still having to carry 400k in gold is stupid do you have any idea how much that would weigh? thank the gods this isnt like everquest where money adds to your over all weight... The idea of player Banking is good, but has its cons... The Idea of an NPC banker is that you dont have to relie on the PC to be logged into that banker to bank, not to mention his downtime... he has a life and characters to lvl too...

Æ
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Æ »

Just make a mule character man, stash him in a secluded corner and log out, then go to the same spot with your other character, drop your cash, relog quick and pick it up with your mule and save with your diary, may be taking the risk of occasionally losing stuff if the server crashes while transferring, but so what, money is readily available, do it 100k at a time if you really want to be safe and minimize potential losses, or have a friend hold it for you instead of putting it on the ground. But in any case, this is a simple way to not have to carry around alot of money and lose gold when you respawn, and to stash away extra items and your mule is always there 24 hours a day }: )

(a half orc with half ogre sub-race is nice for the new improved level 1 NS4 mule lol)
{FotS} Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
14 Fighter/7 Weapon Master (Rapier)/1 Rogue [LA Outcast]

:[FotS]: Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
8 Rogue/1 Fighter/1 Shadowdancer [MA]

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

And make sure to hit your save book on the way out!
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Alanthaleous
Noob

Post by Alanthaleous »

what do you mean your save book?

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

The book that is in your first inventory page when you first enter the game.
Put it on a quick slot and click it, then click yourself if you have to, it saves your character right there and then.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Souldin
Pk Bait

Post by Souldin »

Æ wrote:Just make a mule character man, stash him in a secluded corner and log out, then go to the same spot with your other character, drop your cash, relog quick and pick it up with your mule and save with your diary, may be taking the risk of occasionally losing stuff if the server crashes while transferring, but so what, money is readily available, do it 100k at a time if you really want to be safe and minimize potential losses, or have a friend hold it for you instead of putting it on the ground. But in any case, this is a simple way to not have to carry around alot of money and lose gold when you respawn, and to stash away extra items and your mule is always there 24 hours a day }: )

(a half orc with half ogre sub-race is nice for the new improved level 1 NS4 mule lol)

Well of course you can make a mule character.
But the point of implementing a bank system is so it will be more convenient for the player.
-Once known as "Stealth"-

Souldin Reijn now adays

---

"Shutup and eat your cheese sandwitch."

---

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

Some things to consider, and this is just my view not an official one. In a RP environment, even such as the one we have going at the moment. Would you trust your money to a Drow? Also if there were banks included I for one would push very hard for a way to rob them, again leaving your character with nothing and making certain groups *cough*Okies :D *cough* very very rich indeed, or maybe even my fun loving self. The same can be said for housing with a personal lock box somewhere inside, there should be a way for a rogue to decide to go in and ransack the place while you are out fighting off the dragon invasion.

As I said though these are just my opinions.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

Revenge
Pk Bait

Post by Revenge »

So you'd prefer us to be wasting more server vault space by creating mule chars? That could easily double the amount of characters each character has, and due to server instability most mulers will be playing it cautious and constantly relogging back and forth between chars and transfering just a little at a time.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”