1.68 animation choppy on some PCs

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Myrdyr
Newbie Helper

1.68 animation choppy on some PCs

Post by Myrdyr »

FYI: 1.68 causes very annoying, choppy animation on some PC hardware configurations. Share solutions here. I don't have time to search bioware forums (hoping someone might).

Myrdyr
Newbie Helper

Post by Myrdyr »

I could use some help troubleshooting this...

How do I get the PC profile report that people use on Bioware's forums that gives hardware and software information?

I've defragged my PC - no help. I've changed my NWN video settings from "Good" to "Fastest" and am still only getting 3-20 fps where before the cloaks I was getting 25-35 fps.

I'm thinking my next step is either reinstalling NWN or looking at what driver options I have. Any other suggestions?

Is there a way to turn sound completely, totally off so that no memory or processing is used towards sound?
Last edited by Myrdyr on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

my comps get arround 90 fps, sirus's new comp i built him gives out 700+ fps...

UPGRADE !!! :P
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

yeahp very true
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

the_binary_soul
Pk Bait

Post by the_binary_soul »

I haven't noticed the game being choppy, but since I updated the menu freezes sometimes.

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

I've noticed severe choppiness, but haven't figured if its general PC problems or cloak/update problems.

blay
Noob

Post by blay »

The only thing I've noticed since the patch is that water "flashes" when I'm running or fighting near it. If I'm standing still, it doesn't do it.

sldsmkd
Pk Bait

Post by sldsmkd »

Mine drops into single digits if there's a lot on the screen, and it's no slouch:

dual core cpu, x850 PE, 2GB Ram. but NWN hates it anyway, the toolset is unusable.

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

what do you use to see fsp in nwn?

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Personally, I haven't noticed any problems that weren't there before (i.e.: that aren't caused by my jerry-rigged video card cooling system).

I was going to ask, though...has anyone noticed a subtle difference in combat animations? It could just be my imagination, but I could swear that some of my characters seem to crouch a little lower and their movements are a bit more exaggerated now.

Any thoughts on this?
Am I just crazy? :lol:
frogofpeace wrote:And we like to think of the FoN guildhall as cozy - perfect for cuddling up in our snuggies with a hot toddy after a long day of smiting.

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Blystos Re wrote:Personally, I haven't noticed any problems that weren't there before (i.e.: that aren't caused by my jerry-rigged video card cooling system).

I was going to ask, though...has anyone noticed a subtle difference in combat animations? It could just be my imagination, but I could swear that some of my characters seem to crouch a little lower and their movements are a bit more exaggerated now.

Any thoughts on this?
Am I just crazy? :lol:

When I clashed wepons with an amazonlanzer, I got sparks wich I have never noticed b4.

Myrdyr
Newbie Helper

Post by Myrdyr »

For those of you that actually have the problem:

A work-around is to disable sound in NWN. Running in Windows, I used nwconfig.exe to do this.

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

anotherthing I have noticed is the animationbug fix helps soo.

granted it makes the cloaks stiff and they don't flow at all but it helps reduce lag a lot.

my new compy I just built doesn't need the bug fix and I run all graphics on high but I have a laptop that needs the bug fix so I don't crash from hipsers, pcs attacking from shadws, ect.

try http://www.nwvault.com and see what's there. that's where the bug fix is at as well.
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

Kirg
Newbie Helper

Post by Kirg »

And for all those of you, who have problems at Amazons like me. Disabling sound in the configure makes it much much much smoother. All over all I miss the sound but enjoy the easier fighting.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Yeah, its mostly because every 5 seconds some Amazon screams "Die Fools!" I could live without that :wink: .

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”