the 24hr shop

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Death Dealer1
PKer

the 24hr shop

Post by Death Dealer1 »

wouldn't seem viable that by now all the money those vendors in avendell have siphoned off us players that they would have hired a night shift to watch their shops? i know this has been talked about from us players before, but....we need a shop that is open at night. somewhere, somehow...script in different shop keepers to appear at 11pm and disappear at 4am or something. maybe a rogue shop somewhere hard to find.
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

watchwood
Newbie Helper

Post by watchwood »

I could see a black market shop somewhere for nighttime activities, that sold items at higher prices. That'd certainly add a nice element to the game.
The DuFresne Family of Malencia
DrunkenGamers.net

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

How about the gnome's store down near the Duergar. In NS3.5 there is a blackmarket store down there. Afterall what do they care about nightime hours anyway. It's always nightime to them.

MLoki

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

No quickie mart for you!
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

Some low key shops out in the boonies could be a useful way for players to dump items they don't need without having to run all the way back to Avendell or their home city. The gnomes' shop outside duergar is one possibility (perhaps inside the Inn there would be a bit better.) Some other possibilities are Eastern Slope (the area has merchant calls in the background, but there's nothing there), the Black Hills Inn, Falme, Windale, Krallusk, Sshanyr, and maybe Linorarla. Could set up a merchant similar to the FD guy but only a trader how buys stuff, but with a limit on items bought, like level 13 or something. No items sold like the normal shops, but a vendor like Elvin to sell basic stuff at a massively marked up price :twisted: Also, some of these merchants, particularly in Windale, Krallusk, Sshanyr and Falme could be faction specific as well.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Saint_Saturn
Noob

Post by Saint_Saturn »

I think that having some form of late night shop in town, or wandering merchants outside of major towns would be a great idea. It can be a real pain for us to have to make a 20 minute trek all the way back to our hometown purely to unload the loot we've scored for the past hour or so.

Personally, it seems like some areas were almost set up to have merchants there (like the Eastern Slope area), yet the buildings residents do nothing more than greet you.

Having reclusive merchants would also be a really fun way of setting up exterior shops. Create tiny zones, maybe like a cave, and house the lone merchant inside there. That way we'd all have one more reason to go exploring, not to mention less downtime between loot-unloading runs.. if we could find them.

the_binary_soul
Pk Bait

Post by the_binary_soul »

Doesn't all of this mean the same thing as running an extra script to make low lvl mobs run away from you?

Instead of having half of the day where nobody is using shops and hopefully the lag eases off a bit, MORE merchants would be up, slowling things down all the time.

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Merchants run on a different box or something.

Compare to the lag generated by a half-dozen or more people standing around keeping ai scripts running in Ave, Melencia, and the various other cities.

$chase$
Dearly Departed

Post by $chase$ »

isnt going to happen
Auril - God Of Trickery
good thing im the DM then.............................lol

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

Nice responce there Chase. All that is being said is that perhaps the merchant scripts need some looking into and that the areas that are set up as merchants but aren't could be used as merchants. It is not unreasonable to consider using some of the useless NPC's that already exist as secondary merchants. I understand that as it stands right now the conversation bleed over is getting so bad that while choosing subraces you can be asked where you would like to take the ferry or while crafting gear sometimes you are given a choice of jobs. Perhaps something needs to be done with all the extra conversation scripts that are being used and maybe some of them, like merchants and ferrymen, could be trimmed a little.

MLoki

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

Yea the areas that look like they should have shops.. well .. should have shops. Thats how I built them. Blank locations for future shops.

Now if I can just get Flailer to add the shops.

Im thinking we could add to the elvin the vendor/gnome/misc dialog to buy items for a reduced fee. A little less then avendell or your home town would buy them, but it saves you the walk. Maybe add that dialog to some extra NPCs out there as well.
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

I would be willing to accept less than half of what I would get in FD for the convenience of the "24 hour quickie mart".

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

Lorkar1 wrote:I would be willing to accept less than half of what I would get in FD for the convenience of the "24 hour quickie mart".

ehh..that doesnt count for all of us :P anything less than 75% and it would be worth it for me to wait until morning
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

DeputyDog wrote:Im thinking we could add to the elvin the vendor/gnome/misc dialog to buy items for a reduced fee. A little less then avendell or your home town would buy them, but it saves you the walk. Maybe add that dialog to some extra NPCs out there as well.

Hrm, I was going to mention something along that line but seems like I left it out. The normal shops buy for 50% normal price. Having a vendor that can buy stuff in the boonies would probably be best at 40%, IMO.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Deicide
Noob

Post by Deicide »

I don't know if this is possible, but could we not have some kind of Merchant that just buys things and do not sell?

Maybe open "pawning(sp) shops" or special vendors (buyers or black market guys) that only buy things. Use standard NW shop form, with us just dumping items into the vendor's inventory and getting immediate money, so that you do not need to put extra scripts running, maybe?

If would be kind of good if we could just stop by soem guy,dumb equipment and get fast money. The guy would retain the sold items with him until the area despawn and other people could buy them with a killing overprice.

Would that not be possible and help solving the current shopping problems?

Also, some characters out there could become buyers, like the guy alone on Eastern Slope camp, some NPCs in towns, etc.
Brasileiro com Orgulho

Characters:
- Nameless Knight, Crusader of the Northern Coalition
- Surial Blademaster, swordsman of the Last Alliance

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”