Relics in non-pvp areas

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Relics in non-pvp areas

Post by LinuxPup »

Lately MA has been really tough on LA... especially TLB... we've been doing good raids against them...however, LA has been keeping extra idling toons in areas where there's no PVP allowed..

Since they double-log they can keep playing and ensure nobody can even try to get the relic.. this obviously seems like a pretty cheesey exploit. Are there any rules about this? I know the idling is illegal... but especially just to keep a relic from being taken from them. As I'm writing this one of the TLB members has been idling for hours in the smithy with a relic...

Come'on TLB...

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

Hmm, well lets say if I run across that, the character in question wont be up for a relic raid again for awhile ... say around 20 levels worth of time.

*hint hint*
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

T. Rick Of The Light
Noob

Post by T. Rick Of The Light »

How about when players purposely hide relics and then log off leaving them abandoned for lengthy periods of time?

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

you can find hidden relics with the diviners, that is the purpose of having them.

you cannot reclaim a relic from a person that holds in in a non pvp area for 2-3hours. you cannot kill them and it can't be dropped unless they log. it's rude and very bad when ppl do this. had this been done on a server i dm on..i would have done what TGPO said and delvld them an extrodinary amount then kicked them for a day.
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

Myrdyr
Newbie Helper

Post by Myrdyr »

Related note: Can someone explain what happened today with the relic raids that was so wrong that a dm decided to reset the server in order to stop the raiding? I only know what was being shouted at the time, but it came across that someone tricked the dm into thinking something happened that did not...

Yonwe
Glorious Leader

Post by Yonwe »

I was the DM you're thinking of who reset the server... the problem was that one of the relics, while being hidden by someone logging to drop it resulted in the relic getting stuck inside of a wall and no longer be able to be retrieved. We DMs can't pick up a relic with our avatars, so the only way to repair the problem is to reset either the server or the whole relic system; I didn't want to undo any of the work people had been doing (many people had been raiding for a hour before I reset the server), so the server it was.

I myself would never prevent people from raiding... not enough people do so now! Melencia needs love too! :)
~DM Yonwe
Lolth - Goddess of the Drow
Velsharoon - God of Undeath

Myrdyr
Newbie Helper

Post by Myrdyr »

Thanks for the explanation!

Trogdorbob
Looking for group

Post by Trogdorbob »

Not just Melencia but AO too. :D Hmmm and the northern coalition too.

kingfatzo
Addict

Re: Relics in non-pvp areas

Post by kingfatzo »

LinuxPup wrote:Lately MA has been really tough on LA... especially TLB... we've been doing good raids against them...however, LA has been keeping extra idling toons in areas where there's no PVP allowed..

Since they double-log they can keep playing and ensure nobody can even try to get the relic.. this obviously seems like a pretty cheesey exploit. Are there any rules about this? I know the idling is illegal... but especially just to keep a relic from being taken from them. As I'm writing this one of the TLB members has been idling for hours in the smithy with a relic...

Come'on TLB...

before i start, i dont want to disregard what the DM;s have said aout this already - but please take a look at these points,

1. we are not the only faction/guild who has dual logins
1.5: "cheesy exploit?" ....? EDITED due to a misunderstanding of sarcasim
2. there are people who dual log and play both characters as if they were two people ---i do this at times and it is not as hard as it may seem....people who i party with often never realize that i am dual logged, until i start to argue with myself (and sometimes there are two physical people here playing :wink: )
3. if i want to strategically position a toon for defence or offence i could do this regardless if i had dual logins....
4. Idling in a no PVP zone somthing like this hasn't happened for a while tho but it HAS happened and last time it did it was a player who said somthing about it which leads me to believe the person who was looking for the relic lost intrest....read item number 5 below (which is a bit redundant).
5. and the person looking for the relic could have shouted somthing noticing that the relic was in a no-pvp zone and said somthing.... as DD1 said, that is why there are diviners.
6. if this troubled you so much as to start a thread about it, why didnt you shout somthing on the server at the time ?
Last edited by kingfatzo on Sat May 27, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

T. Rick Of The Light wrote:How about when players purposely hide relics and then log off leaving them abandoned for lengthy periods of time?

everyone does it to everyone....simple as that
Fatzo

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

don't take it personally fatzo..this thread was mainly started because a person held a relic in the smithy for a few hours. not playing or dual logged..just had a relic and sat in the smithy so no one could get it. i logged in just before the reset and was told about it....then the reset fixed it.

however it still smells of lunacy to hold a relic afk in a no pvp zone for hours on end if no one is knowing about it. it defeats the purpose of the relics, whether you like them or not it was still wrong.
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Yeah what DD1 said... the original post isn't about doublelogging... its about the non-pvp relic keeping... which is clearly illegal and yet a TLB member did that.

And I'm not sure the DD's outnumbered the TLB at that moment.. I know the TLB had at least 3 for sure (since we killed them just before they did that)... and we had between 2-3 ourselves... shortly after the non-pvp stunt Hellraizer, Mental, and DD1 logged on.

Not much more to stay on this thread other than... don't do it again.

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

LinuxPup wrote:Since they double-log ...

oh no its not ? :lol:

...my post was general, i was not offended, just critisizing your post.

...hmm i guess ill remove that little Example that i stuck in there, it was not related to anythign specific.
Fatzo

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Doublelogging was merely the means TLB did something illegal.. its not illegal in itself... and I've never said otherwise...don't take things out of context.

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

8) hehe.. ill stop i dont want to get myself into trouble :lol:
Fatzo

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”