time between rests

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Sagil
Pk Bait

time between rests

Post by Sagil »

Is there going to be a time limit for resting once we leave beta behind us, e.g. only allowing a rest every 15 real time minutes? :roll:
I have opinions of my own, strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them!

sep caldessian
Wheres the donation box?

Post by sep caldessian »

or at least have rest restricted zones. too easy for a wizzy to rest after every fight anywhere to regain spells.

Arjento
Noob

Post by Arjento »

We have other PW's for that (resting restrictions).

I think the devs pride themselves on keeping the No rest restrictions intact on such a popular server.

Best if we keep it that way 8)

Note: Mobs also rest when you rest (same area) :twisted:
Last edited by Arjento on Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lomir (MIA)
The Chosen

Velkynn
Noob

Post by Velkynn »

I don't think implementing such a thing would make any sense. True casters can rest after a fight (so long as there are no enemies around), but think of the alternative.

A caster can do maybe 2 or 3 fights every 15 minutes while a fighter just uses a healing kit and keeps on going?

sep caldessian
Wheres the donation box?

Post by sep caldessian »

Velkynn wrote:I don't think implementing such a thing would make any sense. True casters can rest after a fight (so long as there are no enemies around), but think of the alternative.

A caster can do maybe 2 or 3 fights every 15 minutes while a fighter just uses a healing kit and keeps on going?

well, a caster can go all day without resting if he is played right. im just of the opinion that one should not be able to rest in an enemy dungeon when it isnt even cleared yet.

frankly, it makes things too easy. im all for being able to set up camp in the wild, but some areas like enemy strongholds should be tagged as "no-rest" or maybe it can be scripted in to have a random encounter if resting outside of a friendly outpost or town.

if the rest-anywhere thing is left unchecked, the casters will end up ruling over everyone else, imo.

sep caldessian
Wheres the donation box?

Post by sep caldessian »

Arjento wrote:We have other PW's for that (resting restrictions).

I think the devs pride themselves on keeping the No rest restrictions intact on such a popular server.

Best if we keep it that way 8)

Note: Mobs also rest when you rest (same area) :twisted:

frankly, i dont see how devs pride themselves over having no rest restrictions.

they should pride themselves on the brilliant cutscenes, dialogue, merchant system, crafting system, and other things that are cutting edge.

i just think the rest-anywhere option is just silly.

dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

PW action!

i don't want to walk all the way back to an inn just to rest........
neither do i want to wait 15 mins just to rest......
and resting is a good habit to get into (i'm so used to it from ns3 and other PW action modules), because it SAVES your character which is a godsend when an unexpected crash (as opposed to expected? :P) happens.

Thanos
Looking for group

Post by Thanos »

I think its fine how it is. Game is way more fun then other PW that have time limits.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”