What's going on?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
johnthebest1234
Noob

What's going on?

Post by johnthebest1234 »

I know this is a faction war game or whatever, but It seems I can't step out of town without another player killing me. If you are from another faction fine, but people in my faction or supposed allies? All I'm trying to do is enjoy the game. Sorry if I don't play 24hrs a day, but shouldn't I still be able to play the game with out getting wiped out constantly by other players? WTF? I can't even get any xp cause everytime I'm in a fight some idiot runs up and kills me.
yea yea!

leafe
Noob

Post by leafe »

Which faction, out of curiosity?

johnthebest1234
Noob

I'm in the circle, and I've found out what the problem is. I failed an animal emapthy against a panther, now some animals, panthers, cougars, crag cats, etc are hostile to me. Other circle players see me killing animals and think I'm an enemy. IS there any way to switch my rating with the beast faction so they quit killing me??
yea yea!

QuickLightning
Pk Bait

Post by QuickLightning »

yeah, dont steal from the people in your faction. I experienced this in a mod I played before, there was a dog named toby in the tavern I always took adventuring...I failed a few times on my ep check and he went hostile. The RP look at it is you are stealing these animals (that already have masters, if they dont have masters it doesn't cause other hostilities) and using mind control to make them do your bidding...which is wrong. Look at it this way in an IC aspect, you teased an animal and they ganged up to get you back for it ;)

Agent Shiny
Looking for group

Post by Agent Shiny »

i think in a lighter note
you failed to befriend them =P
~Oblivion~

Sagil
Pk Bait

Post by Sagil »

It does sound to me though as if there's some strange teaming going on.. Why would all panters, cougars etc. become hostile to you when you fight one? It's not like they are a tight knight group like e.g. a city's guards (where I would see this making sense). :roll:
I have opinions of my own, strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them!

QuickLightning
Pk Bait

Post by QuickLightning »

A mother defends it's young....and the males defend the mother :P

LadyCheron
Developer

Post by LadyCheron »

A critical failure on an animal empathy role is interpreted as an attack by the animal. I think that's Bioware standard. Once you defend yourself against the attack, the Forest Walkers get mad.

The only alternative is to run away from the attacking animal. After 30-60 seconds in which you have not made another hostile action against the Animal faction, the hostility should go away. Killing the animal that's attacking you is not good.

Unfortunately, there is no way to reset that hostility once it is firmly established (after you have killed a few animals or forest walkers)

johnthebest1234
Noob

The forest walkers were never a problem. The animals, panthers etc, I thought we were supposed to kill because the first one i saw was hostile to me. I just killed more and more of them, until I figured out that no one else was doing it. :? Oh well, the great druid leader Feon spread word to the animals that I was a kind hearted ranger, and now they all love me again 8)
yea yea!

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

Hmmm. A wolf attacked on of my characters... well, now I know.

Alexiagold
Looking for group

Post by Alexiagold »

Heh if it makes you feel better my summon was using aoe spells on a hostile DM (playing as a character), and managed to kill a civillian in Avendall as a result. Now the entire town is hostile to me, all because my summon accidentally hit a civillian.

johnthebest1234
Noob

My summons still seem to want to attack animals. Is there any way to change animals faction so they are not hostile to summons and such?
yea yea!

Lothy
Pk Bait

Post by Lothy »

i was buffing in town and i casted "prayer" . i stood next to another faction player (who was neutral to me). my prayer spell cursed him and all of the town turned hostile to me. WHY.

leafe
Noob

Post by leafe »

Lothy wrote:i was buffing in town and i casted "prayer" . i stood next to another faction player (who was neutral to me). my prayer spell cursed him and all of the town turned hostile to me. WHY.

Because it's Beta. Good job for finding this problem.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”