Slaughtered

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Soulburn
Noob

Slaughtered

Post by Soulburn »

What is the rule for engaging lower level characters. I wasnt expecting to be slaughtered by people 20 levels higher than me while killing rats in the sewers of my home city.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

From the posted rules:

Player Killing

This is probably one of the toughest subjects in online PWs – sometime players deserve it, sometimes they don’t. Sometimes it’s accidental, sometimes it’s purposeful and malicious, or simply without reason. The servers will be Player vs Player and faction battle will happen, however general common sense should tell you if you are going to far.

Excessive killing or the hunting down of low level characters for sport are unacceptable. PKing to the point of harassment, to where it affects another player's enjoyment severely, will also not be tolerated. As with Pick Pocket, resolution of PKing situations that come to a DM will depend largely on the reputation of the players involved and their histories.
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Soulburn
Noob

Post by Soulburn »

Well I was in the town on a level 4, zoning from the Shadow Legion area to the main merchant area. I finished loading the area and someone comes up to me and kills me and announces that you have to send him tells for safe passage through the city. I logged on a level 1 character and went into the sewers, theres no reason to be down there with a lvl 20 right? Of course here he comes again and kills me.

KST_HAVOK
Wheres the donation box?

Post by KST_HAVOK »

Soulburn wrote:Well I was in the town on a level 4, zoning from the Shadow Legion area to the main merchant area. I finished loading the area and someone comes up to me and kills me and announces that you have to send him tells for safe passage through the city. I logged on a level 1 character and went into the sewers, theres no reason to be down there with a lvl 20 right? Of course here he comes again and kills me.

In this instance he is raiding your city and to all technical extents he can kill you for no reason other than he is raiding.

Its kind of also a ethics question. Lately when i raid i will kill a lobie once then i will let him leave....( mabey poisen him or something) .

I guess its solely up to the Discretion of the DM at the time....i mean if he is waiting outside your spawn point then ok that seems like harassment but if you are just getting owned by a Faction raid then thats kinda how it works

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

;) welcome to NS4 and happy hunting (or escaping)

this is how it is... sad but true ;)

i'm just a saint... i pk with no lvl discrimination... i pk a lvl 1 running arround, then go and pk a lvl 30+ :D

have fun
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Soulburn
Noob

Post by Soulburn »

wow thats great

$chase$
Dearly Departed

Post by $chase$ »

actaully there is a passage down there i believe :shock: ..and some time players will run to the sewer to rest. everytime you loggin you have a chance of being killed. when i raid a faction i kill everyone that moves atleast 1 time. if your to low lvl ill let you run by the 2nd time....unless you start crying and caling me names and shouting and swearing,,then its death again

thats my 1.5 cents for what its worth

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

lol yeha, i also get the cussing in tells... like the dubya-tee-eff u killing me for!!!! then i'm like "cuz i like pie..." then they start cussing more lol ;) then i pk em again... and take their weapon
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

KST_HAVOK
Wheres the donation box?

Post by KST_HAVOK »

$chase$ wrote:actaully there is a passage down there i believe :shock: ..and some time players will run to the sewer to rest. everytime you loggin you have a chance of being killed. when i raid a faction i kill everyone that moves atleast 1 time. if your to low lvl ill let you run by the 2nd time....unless you start crying and caling me names and shouting and swearing,,then its death again

thats my 1.5 cents for what its worth

LOL i do the same thing and i have even rewarded lobies with random gear i have or gold for at least trying.

The other day there was a level 10- mage SD er on who was throwning 3 missle magic missles at me LMAO i was so impressed with his gusto i gave him a level 20 staff ( was his weapon of choice) that i disarmed from another person calling me names cause of the raid.....

All were trying to do is cause some ruccus. Play nice and it can have its rewards.... and you might see that were not as big as jerks as were portrayed to be :D

Soulburn
Noob

Post by Soulburn »

Thanks for the replys. I dont really feel like hiding in a corner for a half hour every half hour, ill go elsewhere

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Course, even though the rules state the faction PKing is allowed short of harassment, players that exhibit good sportmanship are encouraged and nurtured.

Players that shout 'LOL - pwned you noob!' are placed on a short leash and probably given much less leway when decisions need to be made.

The more you exhibit role play in your faction raiding actions and display good sportsmanship, the more the gods will smile on you.

Disclaimer: the above does not necessarily represent the official policy of NS for you lawyer wanna-bes, unless I can get an Amen from a DM higher up. But, just makes good sense. Try and make NS4 an enjoyable place for others to play as well as satisfying your own amusements.
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

but when a lower lvl pks a higher lvl... :D the by all extent i'll shout "ROFL, you got Pw3d... what a noob" :D
Image Image

KST_HAVOK
Wheres the donation box?

Post by KST_HAVOK »

Flailer wrote:Course, even though the rules state the faction PKing is allowed short of harassment, players that exhibit good sportmanship are encouraged and nurtured.

Players that shout 'LOL - pwned you noob!' are placed on a short leash and probably given much less leway when decisions need to be made.

The more you exhibit role play in your faction raiding actions and display good sportsmanship, the more the gods will smile on you.

Disclaimer: the above does not necessarily represent the official policy of NS for you lawyer wanna-bes, unless I can get an Amen from a DM higher up. But, just makes good sense. Try and make NS4 an enjoyable place for others to play as well as satisfying your own amusements.

Along with this usually the only time the "NOOB" word is used is when someone who continuesly talks crap gets beat down....

Notice whenever someone gets killed by someone ... ill use me for example and lets say jain...

When i kill jain i never shout out anything since she is a great player and she never trys to make herself out to be the best player ever..

But if i was to kill elangeros ( <<---- not crap talking here to make a point) and he killes my lobies all the time .... your darn right im going to shout it out just to rub it in his face....

Also on the flip side when elangeros kills me i EXPECT to hear some kild of taunt ...... just from the specific playing styles of certain people.

when there is no crap talking on and we raid sleeth we will rp it to an extent shouting things like

"Sleeth owns NS untill we can be forced from here"...

we try to taunt people into comming before it gets to the "Cmon defend you stupin noob" stage....

People just dont even attempt to try to stop me and kromix anymore (excpt the few , and you know who you are) so it kinda makes us think ..... man if this level 2 is here trying to kill us and all these brethren and NS friendlies are on and noone is defending then screw the rp sense cause noone cares about there city anyways...

If RP is going to be enforced then people should all be expected to follow the guide line.....

Shouting out "noob this' and "owned that" is shuned upon but if the server isnt RPO based then it shouldnt be a problem

mabey you should enforce RP then mabeyu it woulg get alot better "in game"

AggieDan
Looking for group

Post by AggieDan »

So, let me get this right...

People HAVE to drop what they are doing (be it gaining experience, making runs for equipment or generally anything to help improve their character) in what KST considers to be a timely manner or else you'll start spamming, "Come on, defend your stupid town, noob."

Last time I checked I was playing in order to have fun for myself WITHOUT requiring everyone else on the server having to babysit me and make sure I have fun.

Let's face it, KST generally comes across as having an arena mentality, which most people on server do not have.

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

ok, so in "RP" mentality, what would you do if your home town is being raided? run like a little girl? ignore it? both? or go and defend?

if you do the first three.. you are in a point Betraying your city, your jobs NPC is bring killed, thus lower chars cant have the jobs, and you are forgetting the faction part of the server, or totally ignoring it...

if you go defend, you'll have pvp fun (PW Action server) you will be defending your cityt of course from evil outsiders, thus supporting your allegiance to your home city...

now the taunting... you are being taunted because we know there are players out there which have guild toons in their home city that will not stand up against this evil. they will let the evil graze the city and render its citizens to dust... guild where bound to factions, and a reason is city defence... especially bretheren...

take this for example, their guild rules

Elagneros wrote:What is the Brethren? We aim to be the best guild in NS4. Our activities usually consist of running areas for XP and equipment. We also make it a goal to oppose players who prey upon other players; those who attack other players for fun, particularly low level players are considered guild enemies. This is largely to defend newer players and thus prevent them from getting discouraged from playing. We also do not recognize the right of any player to charge tolls to cross any area in the game; those who announce such tolls will be attacked by us. We do not avenge pks of equal levels, or pks incurred as the result of a faction raid or a guild war. Nor do involve ourselves in private duels. We will, however, attack anyone considered a guild enemy on sight, regardless of level. We recognize rules of engagement (i.e., no healing, HiPSing, etc) only in mutually agreed duels. When battling our enemies, anything goes.

We are a guild of the Last Alliance. As such, we reserve the right to defend LA territory from invaders from all other factions. We will consider any enemy of LA who enters Neversummer City an invader and act accordingly. We also consider the part of the Silver Road that passes by the gates of Neversummer our territory as well. We will allow anyone to pass through the rest of LA territory to travel freely as long as they do so peacefully. We will also attack anyone who fights the NPC cititzens of Falme and Evenshire.

We are open to any members of LA. If you wish to join, ask either me, one of the Brethren Hands, or Brethren Emeritus. Generally we like to screen players before allowing them into our guild.

We are neutral towards other guilds by default. Only 2 guilds are considered enemies at this point: Okies and KST. Any member of these guilds is considered KOS. There are no guildless characters considered KOS at this time. Brethren members may not be partied with or aided in any way, though if you join a party run by non-Brethren that invites an enemy, that is acceptable. If you are running a party, and someone does invite an emeny, kick them out immediately.

These rules are subject to change at my whim and (dis)pleasure.

the highlited... i only see 2 members... jain and mamba... the rest, dont do ANYTHING...(unless me and havok are on lowbies, then you see elangeros logging grasshopper salivating at the mouth) this is why we taunt... because we know they WONT do anything... i do have pics of it... look in the kSt forums pictures thread...
Image Image

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”