question...

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Myad
Noob

question...

Post by Myad »

I have a quesiton. If the reason the beta's are messed up is because too many people made chars at one time, what will wiping the vault do? people will just join in massive numbers again, and create the same problem.
Grok ***** (^)RS(^)
Grok Himet -=PAA=-

monkey0
Noob

Post by monkey0 »

Maybe they'll try to fix the problem ocurring because of this?

Just a thought...Or maybe they'll just keep doing the same thing over and over and just bash on the servers screaming "Work"!!!

Obviously that was sarcasm...
Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?

Cam

DM Clang
Dungeon Master
Location: Somewhere between here and there, Remember no matter where you go there you are!

Post by DM Clang »

It is most likely because there are too many bugged chars in too many vaults and the best fix is to wipe it all.

Please be patient folks.
old timer

sbarnes
Noob

Post by sbarnes »

It was not just about numbers. The characters themselves were bugged. My lvl 3 sorcerer, for example, couldn't cast any spells (all my spells disappeared from the spellbook). There were also some item bugs (faction equipment disappearing). Sure they could have fixed each character individually, but this would be a big delay.

Kurth
Looking for group

Post by Kurth »

We thank the devs for the work they are doing
Am I really as ugly as Father Kurth? %#$&

Mz_Shadow
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Mz_Shadow »

Since they are doing a re-build they are wiping the vaults to insure trouble does not spread again. With the wipe they can truly test the areas which need to be tested again from the begining. Remember NS is in BETA right now, which means it is still being tested. During this time expect that there could be more wipes.

Alexiagold
Looking for group

Post by Alexiagold »

They can take my characters! But I'll never stop making more! I loved it, every minute of it. Each new character is better than the last, so look at it this way, each wipe = free chance to improve your character build.

powerferret
Pk Bait

Post by powerferret »

yeah, and i accidentally bought a longsword instead of a rapier the first time, so this time i wont make the same mistake!
Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

NS character: Aadrian Monk-Ranger Extraordinaire

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

I gladly sacrifice my level 5 ranger on the altar of bug fixing to appease this god 'Database'...

Shade

Pettsson
Looking for group

Post by Pettsson »

#offer
a - level 5 ranger corpse
Your sacrifice is consumed in a flash of light!
An object appears at your feet!
The voice of Database booms: "Use my gift wisely!"
You see here Neversummer 4

Anyone know what game this could be? :mrgreen:
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

LadyCheron
Developer

Post by LadyCheron »

Nice response, Shade. :)

Yes, the problem is being fixed. Lots of re-coding needed. Things that worked perfectly fine in Closed Beta (waiting until the player ahead of you had left the Planar Rift cutscene before you were ported in, for example) fell down and went BOOM when we went open. We honestly didn't anticipate the sheer volume of new players and characters hitting the cutscenes at the same time.

Areas were set to re-spawn X minutes after the last player left. Well, with a steady stream of players through those areas, they were never empty long enough. There's a lot of stuff that the Devs are going to update before we try going live again.
Berronar Truesilver, The Revered Mother
Domains: Good, Healing, Law, Protection

Souldin
Pk Bait

Post by Souldin »

powerferret wrote:yeah, and i accidentally bought a longsword instead of a rapier the first time, so this time i wont make the same mistake!

So in the beginning you only get one chance to choose a weapon?
-Once known as "Stealth"-

Souldin Reijn now adays

---

"Shutup and eat your cheese sandwitch."

---

Gil-Este
Newbie Helper

Post by Gil-Este »

no its just you start with X amount of gold in the beginning and it kinda sucks if you spend it on the wrong gear
O heat, dry up my brains! Tears seven times salt
Burn out the sense and virtue of mine eyes!

Jared
Noob

Post by Jared »

LadyCheron wrote:Nice response, Shade. :)

Areas were set to re-spawn X minutes after the last player left. Well, with a steady stream of players through those areas, they were never empty long enough. There's a lot of stuff that the Devs are going to update before we try going live again.

That right there is worth the rebuild. However, preventing the void problem and the AB problem and the Spellbook problem will all be nice as well. *cheers*

Lothy
Pk Bait

Post by Lothy »

[quote="Souldin"][quote="powerferret"]yeah, and i accidentally bought a longsword instead of a rapier the first time, so this time i wont make the same mistake![/quote]

So in the beginning you only get one chance to choose a weapon?[/quote]

yes, they wiped a vauilt because he mistakenly bought a longsword.
:P

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”