Resting to save character?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
JoeFaust
Noob

Resting to save character?

Post by JoeFaust »

In NS3 it was recommended that you Rest after trading or looting something nice in order to force a save of your character. Is this also the case in NS4?

--JoeFaust

Goatrider
Noob

Post by Goatrider »

From what I've noticed it still works. Also works for persitancy in location
I am the terror that flaps in the night!!!

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

Yes rest to save char and location. Logging out works as well, but you are advised to always rest first.
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Sagil
Pk Bait

Post by Sagil »

So individual characters can be saved, rather than only allowing to save all characters at once? I don't know how stable the NS4 servers will be, but if they crash occasionally (or worse: if a crash can be forced by some player action) this could lead to a problem with duping. I encountered that problem while running a MUD, and it caused so much gold duping that the whole economy system broke down since everyone had billions of gold.. :?:
I have opinions of my own, strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them!

Joran
Spamalot

Post by Joran »

Characters are also saved after every item transfer, so no worries about duping.

Sagil
Pk Bait

Post by Sagil »

Does that include dropping an item to the ground and having it picked up by someone else? :roll:
I have opinions of my own, strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them!

Joran
Spamalot

Post by Joran »

That includes every time you lose and item and every time you gain an item, so yes.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”