Characters Vanishing? Fear Not!

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Yonwe
Glorious Leader

Characters Vanishing? Fear Not!

Post by Yonwe »

Fret not, it wasn't a wipe!

Some of you all may have noticed that you can't see your characters right now when you log in. This is because of some database problems; the characters are physically stored on server 1, and if the two can't talk to each other, than server 2 will look like you have no PCs for your account.

This is a temp problem; fear not! If you want to play/save characters until it's fixed, just play on server 1 until you log in and are able to see your characters back on #2. Once again, no wipe!
~DM Yonwe
Lolth - Goddess of the Drow
Velsharoon - God of Undeath

nokraden
Noob

Post by nokraden »

How can you play your character on server 1 when you last logged out on server 2.

Craden
Noob

Post by Craden »

Just wanted to let you know that I can see all of my characters but my main. The rest of them show up but he doesn't on either server. I don't know much about databases. So, I can only imagine uninformed speculation in regard to why only this one is missing. He's the only one I've played in weeks. This might account for something. I really don't know. Anyway, thanks for listening.

-Craden

Donan
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Donan »

good time to take the poll... :?

express yourself :D

Kooper-Andromeda
Noob

Post by Kooper-Andromeda »

How is any of this relavent if both servers are down? and have been for at least 3 hours now. Am i missing something here? IP's differnt?
Iam Omnipotent

With My Omnipotence
I Shall
Cure Those Who Sin!

Yonwe
Glorious Leader

Post by Yonwe »

They're both down again now, but they were up for a while with the database error. Hopefully when they are once again up they'll be functioning normally.

DD has mentioned continuing network problems since a thunderstorm in Austin a few days ago... it wasn't as bad here, but in Waco we caught some hell too.
~DM Yonwe
Lolth - Goddess of the Drow
Velsharoon - God of Undeath

DarkValthonis
Noob

So when then

Post by DarkValthonis »

So is the problem currently being looked at or will we have to wait till tomorow, it's 7:00pm here

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”