Bloody Druids and their bugged Hitpoints.....

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Zhorn
Looking for group

Bloody Druids and their bugged Hitpoints.....

Post by Zhorn »

I guess it's time for us to all make Druids! :)

Last night I tried to whack a Druid (28th level I think). He changed back into human form and I knocked him down with a Bigbies. Then while he was down I pumped THREE maxed IGMS into him (360 damage) and he was barely showing as injured. Like hardly scratched...... I was like WTF??

I believe this is because of some bug introduced in the 1.64 to do with temp HP's and other properties being retained when you unshift or when a save goes through or something.

Anyway, I've now started MY own Druid because it looks like druids are the way to go! :)

TheBestDeception
Developer

Post by TheBestDeception »

If you see a druid exploiting, try to get (DM) assistance if its possible...if that fails, kindly ask them to relog.

To say you are going to join them in their exploitation by making one merely further adds to the chaos that is taking over. WE HAVE ENOUGH DRUIDS as it is.

On a side note, Druids built in this manner will be treated with little regard by GotS...he is not too fond of the innundation.

nargileh
Pk Bait

Post by nargileh »

TheBestDeception wrote:If you see a druid exploiting, try to get (DM) assistance if its possible...if that fails, kindly ask them to relog.

Whoohooo time to make a druid and abuse the bug!

Ragefist
Looking for group

Post by Ragefist »

Hmm, is this exploit evident in all changes of base stats and hp and the like (i.e. does it occur in other shapechanges, such as a wizard might do)?

Is it code bug or server mod bug, in other words?

TheBestDeception
Developer

Ragefist wrote:Hmm, is this exploit evident in all changes of base stats and hp and the like (i.e. does it occur in other shapechanges, such as a wizard might do)?

Is it code bug or server mod bug, in other words?

Definately a code bug...various complaints on this can be found on the bio site, as well as possible fixes. It is not specific to NS4.

Terminal Insanity
Newbie Helper

Post by Terminal Insanity »

There where also two Druids with realy strange names... they would shape into a Earth Elemental and would be invincible. I used up 8 maxed IGMS, 9 regular IGMS, and they where both uninjured... i deleted the screenshots by accident =(

If anyone sees a shifted PC that you cant seem to get past Uninjured, take a screen of their names and post it. if you need somewhere to upload the file:
http://wehate.org/content/upload/

Also, a player named "Tiny" has been abusing the Speed exploit... he runs about as fast as a DM...

TheBestDeception
Developer

BTW, it has nothing to do with max HP...and being an earth elemental has no effect, either...might as well have been a human...

Dont wanna give away too much, though.

Purgatory973
Noob

best bug ever

Post by Purgatory973 »

eh, might as well just tell them how to do it. they'll figure it out eventually and all will be making druids to abuse it, can't wait.
-Slave- Ulver
-Slave- Tiava
-Slave- Jezebel

lpb81
Noob

Post by lpb81 »

You know, I actually figured out how to abuse the druid bug, and it ruined the game for me, no fun if there isnt a challenge, I quit playing the character.

Zhorn
Looking for group

Post by Zhorn »

Wasn't to do with whacking the "Save Character" button?

On some servers that heals you. /Shrug

TheBestDeception
Developer

lpb81 wrote:You know, I actually figured out how to abuse the druid bug, and it ruined the game for me, no fun if there isnt a challenge, I quit playing the character.

I sure hope you aren't talking about NS...are you? Sure, the bug is bad...but its no necessary to use...and im pretty sure your char would still be beatable...

lpb81
Noob

Post by lpb81 »

TheBestDeception wrote:
lpb81 wrote:You know, I actually figured out how to abuse the druid bug, and it ruined the game for me, no fun if there isnt a challenge, I quit playing the character.

I sure hope you aren't talking about NS...are you? Sure, the bug is bad...but its no necessary to use...and im pretty sure your char would still be beatable...

It was on a diff. server, but I figured it would be the same on NS. I am sure he was beatable, in fact, he was beaten by a munchkin build, once, but it still made it no fun to walk around killing thing that were supposed to be impossible to my character. Just like making special items for a character and running the single player campaigns with them, no mor fun to it if there isnt a challenge.

Freak
Noob

Post by Freak »

Hit points refilling is part of the shift. Its just a perk of the wild shape ability. I'm sure its the same with any other shapechanging spell. Its not taking advantage of a bug, its just using your abilities.

lpb81
Noob

Post by lpb81 »

Freak wrote:Hit points refilling is part of the shift. Its just a perk of the wild shape ability. I'm sure its the same with any other shapechanging spell. Its not taking advantage of a bug, its just using your abilities.

The bug I'm tal;king about has nothing to do with the hit point regeneration involved with shapechanging. That is an actual rule and done somewhat well in NWN. The actual bug I found is completely different.

Vesper Rimae
Noob

Post by Vesper Rimae »

It is amusing to see a mage complain after he couldn't easily rout a character after casting Bigbys. LOL Casting Bigbys on NS4 is almost an exploit of its own as any character of non-dragon strength is consistently grappled. I appreciate, as I prefer to play mages myself, the attempt to provide a mage with a balancing power similar to knockdown -- but it lasts far longer and is ranged, overpowering the spell significantly. I think that the original NwN implementation is probably more balanced as it allows the character to act (use spells or ranged weapons) while grappled.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”