Brain teaser - Worst route in NS4

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
TheBoris
Noob

Brain teaser - Worst route in NS4

Post by TheBoris »

This might be fun. In terms of being forced to run through a bunch of areas again, what's the worst time to get PKed and have to respawn?

Think of it as "Point A to Point B" and you die right before you get to Point B. Example: Point A is your bind point, avendell for instance, and Point B is that divot that RK calls a city.

If I'm remembering correctly, you would have to rerun Avendell, Silver Road Avendell, Black Hills, Black Hills, BH Cave, the mining cave (can't remember the name), the crafting area outside RK, and then the upper stronghold or whatever it's called. So if you got PKed right outside that bind point, you'd be stuck rerunning 8 areas.

So, what's the worst possible route? Areas aren't always the same size so the highest number of areas isn't always going to be longer. No, it doesn't count if you skip bind points along the way or assume that your character is a moron and takes the longest route possible.

Then again... next question, what's the longest route you can travel from a bind point without back tracking or encountering another bind point? (I'd say walking through Beryn counts as encountering a bind point since it's right there in the lodge) Probably some combination of E-Forest, OTR, Ogres, Wyrm Road. Maybe not.
Boris TheMadMonkSprinsteenStoleyersBa'tionjaDungshovelerTheBigBlueDummyAndOnesIForgot

kiros
Noob

Post by kiros »

When server 4 is down (assume character lvl 9 - 10), i would say from RK to the Dark Forest (north of Avendell).

Although there are some bind point along the way, you have to cross the black hills, take the ferry to Windale, where NPC will attack you since you are RK and they are NC... If you manage to survive Windale, you must go north then east crossing many NC and TC patrols (hurray for the blue dust ! )

Then, you finaly arrive to AO, allies of RK. After that, you continue your journey east then south : The Wold, the gargoyle road, the archeologist camp, the ogre pass and finally the Dark Forest.

Now that you're there, you realize that Server 4 is still gone and you can't just jump back to the black hills and must go all the way back !
"And now, may I make a right choice to change the evil fate of this unhappy day"
-Aragorn son of Arathorn
### Furion Whitehorn - Cleric (RK) ### Eledril Agurindar - Ranger/Rogue (LA)

Darksbane
Noob

Post by Darksbane »

Worst I've had so far is from Melencia and getting blasted in the Giant Pass.
Alternatively, the worst route is the one that leads you past MagiC-Foo when it is suffering from PMS and kills your summons leaving you alone to be squished by giants.

Rhapsody_
Noob

Post by Rhapsody_ »

worst road ever is when server 4 is down and you are in Shadow Legion to get Mtn Trail.....you have to go by RK....Windale....Beryn....Melencia/Ancient Road THEN Ogre pass

Axiom Funkcronomicon
Pk Bait

Post by Axiom Funkcronomicon »

Rhapsody_ wrote:worst road ever is when server 4 is down and you are in Shadow Legion to get Mtn Trail.....you have to go by RK....Windale....Beryn....Melencia/Ancient Road THEN Ogre pass

You win :D
Your friend... !!::Axiom Funkcronomicon::!!

Your lover... !!::Mesa Boogie::!!

and now, introducing....

Your mother-in-law... !!::Her Royal Badness::!!

Knightwing4
Looking for group

Post by Knightwing4 »

worst: Going from Garagoth and dieing at the NC capital :P

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

Yeah, garagoth was a trying journey the first time i made it. I got lost in tunnels, then around underground lake, then a bit in angmar plains, and finally i found a bind point. Only to run into pretty difficult guardians.
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

Terminal Insanity
Newbie Helper

Post by Terminal Insanity »

Avendell to Underdark...
Allllll those server changes every other map...

Lunas
Pk Bait

Post by Lunas »

Terminal Insanity wrote:Avendell to Underdark...
Allllll those server changes every other map...
no that isnt bad it is a realatively short walk if you know the shortcuts what is bad is walking from garagoth to mezoduran to avendell only to get killed at the gate to avendell with out binding to a closer bind point
the Okie of Peace and Love
NS4
Snach Alot (Okie ambassador)9
Atomos (Okie Ambassador)10
Yoko Kurama(Okie Ambassador)1
NS3 pre/wipe
Sesshoumaru the Aristocratic Assassin
Naomi Armitage
Ross Silybis
Yoko Kurama

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”